Daily Check In December 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In December 13, 2018

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, frugal. It is downright pleasant weather today, but it won't last.

I took today as a vacation day and dang near wore myself out trying to get everything done this week. Crazy Boss, who rarely spends any time at work now, did not come to work two out of three days this week, so I had to be Nearest Responsible Adult and run things by myself during the busiest season of the year. However, I accrued $242 in overtime pay in two weeks and danced all the way to the bank.

Today I slept late, went to the bread outlet for bagels and sandwich bread, and made a bank deposit for us and for work. Did some laundry, talked to DS about his car insurance (Progressive attempted what looks like a bait and switch on him), and am just now eating lunch.

Hope everyone stays cozy and has a frugal day.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:33 pm Hi, frugal. It is downright pleasant weather today, but it won't last.

I took today as a vacation day and dang near wore myself out trying to get everything done this week. Crazy Boss, who rarely spends any time at work now, did not come to work two out of three days this week, so I had to be Nearest Responsible Adult and run things by myself during the busiest season of the year. However, I accrued $242 in overtime pay in two weeks and danced all the way to the bank.

Today I slept late, went to the bread outlet for bagels and sandwich bread, and made a bank deposit for us and for work. Did some laundry, talked to DS about his car insurance (Progressive attempted what looks like a bait and switch on him), and am just now eating lunch.

Hope everyone stays cozy and has a frugal day.
Mackie good to hear you made some extra money that is always nice especially this time of year. especially. Hope the extra work did not tire you out too much since you have the medicine affects to deal with as well. Hope the rest of the week goes well for you. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Very windy. Hate it

Several have lost power. Too many lines run through trees.

Getting colder. Had to put on my turtle neck. My neck gets cold.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

I just returned from my friend's visitation. She was 67, and one of my first friends after we moved here. So sad. 😢

I subbed today, 6 math classes, of 8th graders. Lunch was waaaayyy too short. More of the exact same tomorrow.

Apparently I received a “teaching” bonus today. I’d thought it was a mistake as it was less than 10% of what I’d earned last month, and I thought it was my wages arriving too early. I celebrated by washing my car. 😁 And buying pizzas, oops naughty me.

Am off to medicate girls and change dd8’s head bandage. Hopefully we get to bed soon, I’m tired! I overslept this morning too. 😟 I need to get there early tomorrow to get things set up in class.

No sewing done today. ☹️ But I didnt have time this afternoon, and my neck needed the break!
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The wind has settled down

I made some yummy chicken soup. I used the leftover rotisserie chicken I purchased to make a stock. Big chunks of onion, carrots and celery. I love onions. It was very tasty. We finished the whole thing.