Daily Check In December 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 13, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off. Need coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In December 13, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Triple posted this morning. Got to be a bit more careful when I don't have my coffee yet.

Busy day today or at least a busy morning. Errands and shopping will take up most of the morning. At least those are on my to do list though and not an addition later. Then once home and things are put away I can get started baking (think squares today) and perhaps get a couple more colour changes done on the baby blanket. I will measure it very soon, but I think I may only have about 12 inches or so left to do. I may get it finished this weekend.

I have one last parcel to mail out, but our mail is not flowing very well. I do hope the person receiving it forgives me if it is not there by Christmas. Silly strike has really made a mess of the system, and now they are heading to court to fight the back to work order.

Frugally speaking this will be an allowable spend day. I shouldn't be spending very much however, keeping it to as small an amount as is humanly possible. I noticed that there is no sale on any type of beef this week, so will not be purchasing it. That should cut our bill down a bit.

The squares I plan on baking do not need the stove or oven so a bit of a savings on electric usage today. Tomorrow and Saturday I will be using the stove and oven a great deal.

Still working on using up or planning the use up of yarn and fabric in my stashes. I will be making some new lap quilts for upstairs so that will use up a great deal of those 4" squares I have cut out. Then of course I could get started on a few Christmas gifts for next year with the yarn.

Supper tonight will be the leftover Chicken Casserole. I may just make another veggie to go with even though this is packed with them.

Today I am grateful for another beautiful day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Up early for me. I have a hair appointment late morning.

If I get my act together I will do banking ahead of time. One of mom’s CDs is due. I’ll roll over most of it but take out some money to pay her household bills. I’ve kept her checking account open for this purpose. Homeowners insurance bill is due in January.

After my hair appointment I’ll go to mom’s house since I didn’t get there yesterday. I plan to go through the many blankets. I’ve been waiting for colder weather here to make these donations. I’ve already given the electric blanket (used only one season) to mom’s neighbor’s mother. Donated another brand-new twin-sized electric blanket (bought for my uncle) to Salvation Army. Also gave a new regular blanket never opened (not sure why) to the homeless shelter through my friend’s church. Once I get the rest of the blankets sorted, most will go to the homeless shelter. Mom would approve.

I think it is supposed to be in the 70s today but overcast. So pretty nice.

Have a good day.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Long evening last night driving up to get DS2 ad then taking him to his Dad's. He did not have his key. Dad's girlfriend had to come over to let him in. DS sent me home before she got there. He will come spend the night at my place tonight. That is all the excitement going on in my life right now.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...

Warmer and cloudy with showers predicted.

Not a lot going on at the moment ... just doing some odds and ends, including some odd bits of cleaning.
Also spent a good hour with a customer service rep (fortunately, it was a chat window, not the phone) to get my photo prints reordered. But all is resolved, and the new prints are on the way.
Today, just realized I need to run an errand. Otherwise, a bit of work, another stab at the laundry and whatever odds and ends I can get to.

Jackie, our mail isn't flowing very well, either. (And I can't blame it on a strike.) I'm wondering how many routes our carrier is covering -- we've had mail delivery as late as 7 p.m.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Nice and sunny this morning

We are expecting a cold front and high winds. I hate the wind.

Today is my slow day. Thank goodness since we had an interesting evening at church

Our priest has a tendency to still hang on to his ways and folks from his last posting. He brings in all these people that only speak Spanish. I sat through some lecture last night and didn't understand a thing - :mrgreen: . We just don't do things the same way here in this part of Texas. I like a nice peaceful service, he's into some kind of Spanish evangelical jumping around stuff.

We are old stuffy people here - lol.

And that stuff takes hours. Finally made it out of there about ten!

Well lets see what today holds

Have a good one