Daily Check In December 14, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In December 14, 2017

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Yesterday, my cousin and I emailed back and forth about family history. I was able to give her some information on her Grandfather that she didn’t have. I found the registration of his birth. I sent her a copy of it.

I have gathered and put out my trash.

I have a dress wash in the dryer a white wash in the washer, neither was a full load but I need to pack so My daughter can pick up my suitcase on Sunday. I am meeting them at Magnolia Pancake Haus. Next Friday.

My grandson is coming over tomorrow afternoon to bake cookies. I need to find out which kind he wants to make. I will text him later today. He is in School now so I won’t text him now.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:36 am Good morning all.

Up early because I didn’t sleep real well mainly because Pippi likes to position herself in bed in the most inconvenient place.

I did not do my banking yesterday because I realized before leaving that the CD is not due until today. I’ll probably wait until tomorrow morning and stop on my way to the Genealogy Club Holiday Party.

Today is gloomy and drizzly so far. A good day to stay home. I’m still working on my Christmas cards and will try to finish them.

Last night my neighbor and her boyfriend who take care of Pippi came to my door. They were both dressed in red and white and had a basket with their Holiday Survival Kit for each of the neighbors. Here is what it contained:

A ziplock sandwich bag hole punched for red-and-white ribbons with a printed red card that explained the bag’s contents.
AN ERASER: So you make all your stress disappear
A PENNY: So you never say “I’m broke”
MARBLES: In case someone says you’ve lost yours
A RUBBER BAND: To stretch yourself beyond the limits
A STRING: To tie things together when everything falls apart
HUGS & KISSES: To say “ thank you” and Happy Holidays, too!
Have a safe and restful holiday

So very cute! The “eraser” was a pencil eraser that looks like a snowman. The “hugs & kisses” were Hershey’s. I imagine that she got this idea from Pinterest or someplace online.

Stay warm everyone in cold weather. It’s warm here. I actually had to turn on my ceiling fan during the night. Very humid but it will pass.
I had a teacher years ago that did something similar for all her students.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LWolfT wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:54 am Good morning ...
In the 40s here but raining ... a gloomy day.

Anyway, did a bit of Christmas shopping last night, so I can get packages ready to mail.
Had to remind DH that the gas utility also handles water/sewer charges and that no, we don't need to turn down the heat — the gas charge was quite reasonable.
Today, have a list of odds and ends to attend to. Need to work on cleaning some more things out of the fridge before we lose them.
Florida, my cats do the same thing to me. Little Girl gets offended if I move and wake her up :lol: That survival kit sounds hilarious!
Jackie, lentils and beans are good protein sources. I buy eggplant, cut it into rounds (about a half-inch thick), then bread it ( cornmeal with seasonings), and bake it. (Spray pan and the top of each round with spray oil).
Since it has a firmer texture and you have to cut it, it's a good "cheat" in place of meat. You could also top it with a bit of sauce and some cheese for an "eggplant parm."
We do like eggplant parm, but the eggplant I can buy this time of year are not good. Couldn't make my own and freeze this year as I could not find the starters. I will keep my eyes open in the produce section though. I hope I am lucky enough to get some nice eggplants.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good rainy morning all,

It is a rainy, overcast day, but warm for wintertime. The house has been remarkable during the cold spell. The insulation and hurricane windows eliminate a lot of noise. The quiet is nice. I don't miss the road noise at all. I did a load of wash yesterday, but left it out on the line overnight since hubs will not fold it after 3 pm. I want him to have things to do to feel useful. But he has to impose rules to show he is in charge. I brought the clothes in before the rains started and they are in the dryer to warm and fluff. Hubs prefers to work with them warm.

I slept poorly last night. leg cramps. I got up and had a pickle or two, but it wasn't enough, so I had a cup of vinegar water. Kind of upset my tummy, but got rid of the cramps.

I pulled together all the Christmas cards and we have just enough to send out all our cards this year. I definitely need a new box after Christmas. Hope they are super cheap. Today is a good day to get them out.

Hubs gets a shower today. It is as warm as it will be for awhile. Since we altered the bathroom door for hubs wheelchair, the master bathroom has no door. So it tends to be chilly in the room. I hung a curtain for temporary privacy, but it still is chilly in the winter. I suggested a barn door style door and that may happen this year.

I did some research last night when I couldn't sleep and have also decided to go barn door with my bedroom window. I considered shutters, but the proximity to the closet means the one shutter would never be able to open without interfering with the closet door. To make things easy, I will need to move the bed away from the wall. It feels right. I intend to make the barn door lightweight with a narrow frame and a fiberboard center. I plan to put colorful wall paper on the fiberboard and make it kind of like a picture. Should be interesting and inexpensive. If you can't sleep, might as well use the time productively.

My neighbor and I did not walk this morning. She called and said she was going out to breakfast with her son in law. Why she waited until a few minutes before our scheduled walk is a puzzle. I hope nothing is wrong.

Today will be a simple chore, stay home day inside. I am just grateful for everything I have today. Have a good day everyone.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Chilly and as Wolf said very gloomy looking here. Makes me feel antsy.

The spaghetti and sauce was really good last night but once again dad ate and then talked for just a bit and then went to bed. I know a lot of this is the very gloomy weather but my worry button gets pushed and I just start thinking and worrying.

I need to think about supper for tonight, leaning to ham, eggs and pancakes or French toast.
I need to run the vacuum and do floors, there are dog prints everywhere. The rain and warmer temps make the yard a mud bath. Even the drive and parking area are soft and squishy.
Not much else going on today,
Off to get busy,
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am being lazy today so far. It's drizzling rain and a bit chilly, so a good morning for a fluffy robe and a cup of hot coffee.

Need to finish making a grocery list and call the pharmacy about a medication order, and get a holiday check in the mail to the rescue group that originally had our three dogs.

Sure there will be more to be done. :-D
Mackie