Daily Check In December 14, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 14, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Just starting us off.... Got to take my Friday morning med. Back ASAP.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In December 14, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

It is nice knowing DS2 is sleeping in my spare bedroom this morning. He fixed himself some dinner while I was gone AND ran the dishwasher. LOL! I got 2 items sewn last night that I needed to, so I am ready to mail a package and go to a Christmas party tonight.

Not real motivated to work since after today I am off until the 26th.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Friday morning and my weekly pill day. I hate the fact that I can't have coffee after I have taken the darn thing (or before taking it either). My fingers just do not function properly on this keyboard without coffee.

Sticking close to home today (did notice a couple of items missing from my groceries, will have to do without until early next week) and working around the house. I will get the usual chores done and work on the knitting. I do have to remove a few rows cause I noticed a bit of a mistake that is too obvious to leave. Oh well that will teach me to be a bit more careful while changing colours. I have about 14" left to do and I hope to have that done no later than Sunday at some point (figure one more set of colour changes and the border). I can then get started on other Christmas things.

While the temperature was above freezing yesterday, the wind was pretty darn cold. I find myself still bundling up whenever I need to be outside for anything. Today is supposed to be warmer yet, but if the wind is up I know it will feel very cold.

Frugally speaking I am using items up from my stashes (mainly baby type yarn right now) as well as bits and pieces from freezers and cupboards.

No money will be spent today which is a very good thing. I feel like we are bleeding cash over the last few months. That is not a good feeling. With my appointments in Regina and staying over it will mean more money spent that could be spent elsewhere. However I am thinking of it as a bit of a holiday (of sorts). Perhaps there will be something at the Center of the Arts, or a play we can attend as well. Sort of make a mini vacation of it.

I also plan on having my usual frugal walk this morning. It will be a bit later (need coffee first), but I am really enjoying the fact that my pants (trousers for Rinty) are getting looser. Weight is still at 12 lbs lost (doctor weighed me) but I am hoping that next week brings that number down a bit. I might not reach the 15 lbs lost by Christmas, but I will be happy with what the scale says.

I will be looking up some meatless meals on line as well. Hubby and I both need to cut our meat consumption a bit. I kind of left off the soup and sandwich day in my menus for the last little while and I plan to bring that back. I also want to add another no meat meal every two weeks and gradually build that to every week. This would mean a no meat meal at least 12 times a month. But I need something filling to take the place of meat....Any suggestions (won't do the fake meat thing)?

Supper tonight will be a bit of a cheat for me. We will have pancakes and maple syrup.

Today I am grateful for the eaves getting fixed over the last couple of days.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Up early because I didn’t sleep real well mainly because Pippi likes to position herself in bed in the most inconvenient place.

I did not do my banking yesterday because I realized before leaving that the CD is not due until today. I’ll probably wait until tomorrow morning and stop on my way to the Genealogy Club Holiday Party.

Today is gloomy and drizzly so far. A good day to stay home. I’m still working on my Christmas cards and will try to finish them.

Last night my neighbor and her boyfriend who take care of Pippi came to my door. They were both dressed in red and white and had a basket with their Holiday Survival Kit for each of the neighbors. Here is what it contained:

A ziplock sandwich bag hole punched for red-and-white ribbons with a printed red card that explained the bag’s contents.
AN ERASER: So you make all your stress disappear
A PENNY: So you never say “I’m broke”
MARBLES: In case someone says you’ve lost yours
A RUBBER BAND: To stretch yourself beyond the limits
A STRING: To tie things together when everything falls apart
HUGS & KISSES: To say “ thank you” and Happy Holidays, too!
Have a safe and restful holiday

So very cute! The “eraser” was a pencil eraser that looks like a snowman. The “hugs & kisses” were Hershey’s. I imagine that she got this idea from Pinterest or someplace online.

Stay warm everyone in cold weather. It’s warm here. I actually had to turn on my ceiling fan during the night. Very humid but it will pass.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Kind of cold this morning. In the 40s so not too bad compared to those up north

The wind has calmed. It was terrible yesterday. Parts of town lost power due to tree branches on the lines.

The town we visited this weekend had to release students early. The whole town lost power and were setting up people in a shelter as needed. Amazing what wind can do.

I'm glad we canceled our fundraiser today.

Stay warm if its cold.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
In the 40s here but raining ... a gloomy day.

Anyway, did a bit of Christmas shopping last night, so I can get packages ready to mail.
Had to remind DH that the gas utility also handles water/sewer charges and that no, we don't need to turn down the heat — the gas charge was quite reasonable.
Today, have a list of odds and ends to attend to. Need to work on cleaning some more things out of the fridge before we lose them.
Florida, my cats do the same thing to me. Little Girl gets offended if I move and wake her up :lol: That survival kit sounds hilarious!
Jackie, lentils and beans are good protein sources. I buy eggplant, cut it into rounds (about a half-inch thick), then bread it ( cornmeal with seasonings), and bake it. (Spray pan and the top of each round with spray oil).
Since it has a firmer texture and you have to cut it, it's a good "cheat" in place of meat. You could also top it with a bit of sauce and some cheese for an "eggplant parm."