Daily Check In December16. 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In December16. 2018

Post by jckitty »

hello all,

FloridaCat, I think the news segment on Sears was "right on the money" unbelievable he could take down a company that old and that stable before he came aboard. Not that they didn't have issues, but I believe given a little time and better leadership they could have turned it around, maybe ….

I have a dried apple pie in the cooker, when I got the pork roast out of the freezer for supper tonight pulled a bag of dried apples out and decide to make the pie. It goes well with pork and dad used to love it. We will see.

My repairs on the chicken waterer were successful! keeps something out of the landfill and saved money.
I have laundry going, and floors dusted but still have a few tings on the list.

(((Rinty))), your D nd V sounds rough. Rest and take care.
JCKitty
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Hi Everyone,

I am home safe and sound and had a wonderful week with my friends. There really is no place like home and this has been a fun year for traveling, but I have nothing planned for 2019. Any traveling that I do this coming year will be done with Mr. B, I think. I haven't seen him in 6 weeks and it's killing me.

Hope all of you have stayed warm and well while I was gone. Haven't had an opportunity to catch up and see what has been going on with all of you.

Had some texts from other friends that we had some nasty ice last week end that took down some trees in the neighborhood. I can see from some clean-up that one of my neighbors lost a large pine. Looks like it fell into a portion of my backyard. They have it cleaned up, just haven't gotten the wood moved somewhere else, that is stacked on their property. Glad it didn't hurt any of my trees. This weather is unreal for us this early in the winter.

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm home and will catch up with everyone by reading the board and everyone have a great rest of the day.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good morning,
It's been a very quiet weekend which I have needed since I worked all last week and will be working all this week. The a two week winter break which I am looking forward to. Today I will be going to a Christmas party that our business group is having. It is close to me and I will stay a couple of hours and then come home. I have the gift for the exchange. I am thinking of bringing sliced oranges, cheese and crackers for an appetizer I signed up to bring.

Just had a very brief power outage so I just finished resetting the clocks.

I have decided since there will only be three of us for Christmas I am just going to use up things I have here to fix Christmas dinner. DD is vegan so I think leftover Thanksgiving turkey from the freezer will be our meat dish and I have lots of veggies to make some sides. I have all the ingredients for a pumpkin dump cake so I think I will make that instead of a pie. I need to eat down the freezers and fridge so if we were to have any major power outages we wont lose our food.

I am going to see what I can cook up for next week since I won't be home much and prefer to take my meals from home as opposed to take out.

Bev
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, frugals! I used a $5 Extra Care coupon at CVS this morning to get a free box of Christmas cards. Already have what few we send in the envelopes and ready to go. Also bought a toy stuffed dog and a small toy truck for the toddler son of the church's cleaning lady. (She has not worked in a couple of weeks due to coming down with pneumonia and was upset that she had no gifts for him.) The toys seem to have been marked down, according to the receipt, so that was an unexpected plus.

In a bit I have to make chili for tomorrow's staff potluck lunch, but right now I'm ripping music off our collection of compact discs so as to have something new to listen to in the car. I can't bear to listen much to our local NPR station (the one I worked for) because it's become all news all the time. The sole surviving music show is off the air by the time I am driving home on weekdays.

I hope Rinty feels better soon and am so sorry she's missing the family get-together. We are having a quiet day here. It's drizzly and gray, but not too cold. Not bad for December.

Everybody stay warm!
Mackie