Daily Check In December 18, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In December 18, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

A quick Hi! I have to go for a B-12 shot this morning and then we will stop at Aldi's and Dollar Tree on the way home from the Drs office.

Hope those of you who are not feeling well perk up soon.

Have a good one. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
NoisyPorkchop

Post by NoisyPorkchop »

Good morning,

We have a big storm rolling through the Pacific Northwest. It started last night with lots of rain and wind and appears to still be here this morning. I could hear the wind and heavy rain last night while laying in bed and our motion-sensor front porch light stayed on all night because it was picking up movement from the shrubbery blowing to and fro in the yard. DH got up to use the bathroom this morning at 5:30 and peeked out the window and saw our large blue recycling can had blown over and our recyclables were scattered in the yard. He threw on some clothes and went out into the rain and wind and dark and got everything back together and got the can upright. This storm would have to be the same day as our garbage pick-up day. :|

I have chosen a new primary care physician and have an appointment to meet her for the first time this morning. My prior physician I had for 25 years retired almost a year ago and I had to choose someone else. I thought going with DH's doctor might be a good idea so he and I could have the same doc. I switched over to him and was not pleased with our first meeting. I expressed some concerns that I had and he gave me, in my opinion, some crappy lame advice as to what he thought my problems were laced with a condescending attitude. On top of the stupid advice (like telling me my random chest pains were from an ill-fitting bra and I should go have a proper bra fitting--he never saw my bra) and his condescending attitude along with the fact I never could go into see him on three other occasions when I needed a physician over the course of the last year I decided to pick another doctor, a female, who is directly connected with the physician group that works with the hospital I work for. I am actually excited to meet her this morning and hope all goes well :)

I want to try to bake some of my chocolate-chip pumpkin bread today and test out the baking feature of my new oven. I would rather do this on some inexpensive pumpkin bread instead of getting the hang of my new oven with my Christmas turkey and an entire family waiting around for it to be done :lol: . I am also only giving out stockings this year filled with little goodies that are going to be for suitable for both the girls and their significant others. Some edible goodies and maybe a gift card or something fun for them. The older girl who is expecting a baby girl in March says she doesn't want things for Christmas or her birthday in January, just buy her things at the baby shower she has planned in January. Ok! So, the holiday shopping is short and sweet this year. I will plan some more menu items for the week and drop off a bag of recyclable cans at the Bottle Drop center and I need to catch up on my housecleaning on my days off. Other than that, we are making our way through the holiday season and ending the year as stress free as possible. I truly am grateful for my husband and home and family all around. I am too blessed to be stressed. Everyone take care!
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning, all.

Cold here today; 30 going on 35 with an icy wind. But at least the sun is out which is something we haven't seen since Wed/Thur last week.

Went to my last coloring session yesterday until Jan 7. Will miss not having a planned activity although on those days I can always pull out my coloring materials and color for the hour and a half. Tomorrow I get my hair cut and then on Thursday go to the dinner show matinee. I've been looking forward to it since I bought my ticket. I really enjoy live theater. It will also give me the chance to dress up a bit, not much, but a bit. Will change my shoes to a low pump and wear a red blouse with silver specs. I also have a pearl beaded "collar" necklace to fit over the neck as it is too wide without it.

I can't believe that Christmas is a week from today. It seems to come around faster each year. My Christmas prayer is for those who struggle to live on a daily basis are able to provide their families with the best Christmas they can. For us frugalites, I pray that with our frugal and thoughtful spending all year long, that we've planned carefully enough so that we can afford to splurge a bit every year.

Well going to go for now. Have a great day all.
rinty

Post by rinty »

I like Too Blessed to be Stressed. Nice idea and one I suppose I should embrace but NOT THIS YEAR ;)

On the bright side today watched a carol service with only TWO kings ( long story ) and the worlds cutest angel........a 9yr old with a bent halo...." Behold !!!!!"

A week til Christmas and my go to emotion is to want to kick someones teeth in though, so no Christmas spirit here. I could type why but it would be in ALL CAPS and not a restful read. Suffice to say that the ludicrously inaccurate pen portrait of DS had apparently been written to be read by someone with learning difficulties :shock: MY objections and the idea that AN ACCURATE PEN PORTRAIT would be better..........ignored..until they realised I was going to rant and rave until they changed it. Because it would be there.........in black and white.....and referred to as gospel .......damaging DS.........because No One bloody cares....

I've posted to say I give in and I haven't managed to write or post a single card, so bless you all but I do not have the mental energy ( or the physical actually as the D and V took it out of me ) to do them now.

Something veggie for dinner as I have lots of them and they are all supposed to be on sae for pennies next week.So a Use It Up.

I'd like to curl up but I'll scrub something instead.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

(((Rinty))), I always wish there was something else I/we could do to help.

It is sunny and cool bordering on cold. At least the sun is shining and no wind.

I have allowed myself to have a bit of a "funk", I am feeling a bit trapped or boxed in and there is nothing I can do about the situation but grit my teeth and barrel thru it. The Christmas lunch we had planned for dad at his favorite Chinese joint is now going to include the evil niece and her drunken boyfriend. The brother horned in on plans and is inviting them. Dad doesn't know yet and I dread the fall out when he is told. He cannot stand them, nor can I but...I can get thru it. Dad will be as jumpy as a mouse.

The new furnace work starts Thursday morning, "may carry over" to alittle on Friday but it's all good. What's one more mess in the big scheme of life, eh?

Today I need to run the vacuum and do some kitchen work, I am not enthused.
Off to do ???
Have a good day all,
JCKitty
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hi all -
Quick check in. If Christmas was in February I might have a shot of getting done. Next week -haha. Electricians were here for 6 and 1/2 hours yesterday. So happy with the job they did. One light fixture I ordered was wrong when they opened the box so we still have one light fixture they will need to come back and install but all else completed. Hubs is patching the walls today. We replaced 40 year old poorly functioning fluorescent fixtures in the garage with new LED ones. OMGosh- it looks like an operating room out there . Of course now I can see all the projects needing done and dirt really well. Ah well, guess it will be there in the future.

Finishing up bits of living room decor today as tree is finally finished. Will put up little dining room tree this afternoon and garland on staircase. Off to get going - great day to all.