Daily Check In December 24, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In December 24, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

BeckyO wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:13 pm
Merry Christmas to All,
I was typing, my phone pinged, I looked up and my post disappeared : (
I started 'celebrating' a week or so ago. Some friends and I went to dinner then to see "The Nutcracker" A treat from another friend.

I spent a ew days with DS#2 and fam. I didn't get to Texas. I had to come home for a post op exam of my eye (cataract removal).I called DS#1, in Texas. I'll prob see him after the First.

Yesterday I met about 35 members of my extended family about 60 miles from here, for a potluck and visiting. LOTS of fun. I came home with left overs for today. I also came home so stiff, tired and sore that every other breath was a moan, LOL.

Today, I sit here in flannel PJs (57F degrees outside). I slept late, made a decision not to leave the apt. It is scantily decorated, there are left overs -yum- to eat. I have the TV on with Christmas music and a heavily decorated living room complete with a fire burning in the fireplace. I have called or been called by friends and family. i am good.

Tomorrow, the building will have a celebratory meal in the dining room. I am sure there is something going on downstairs, today. The building is lavishly decorated, trees on every floor, etc.

May you all have peace and happiness thruout the coming year,
BeckyO
Becky so good to hear from you.. Have a Merry Christmas..Hope that all goes well for you in the new year. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

BeckyO wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:13 pm
Merry Christmas to All,
I was typing, my phone pinged, I looked up and my post disappeared : (
I started 'celebrating' a week or so ago. Some friends and I went to dinner then to see "The Nutcracker" A treat from another friend.

I spent a ew days with DS#2 and fam. I didn't get to Texas. I had to come home for a post op exam of my eye (cataract removal).I called DS#1, in Texas. I'll prob see him after the First.

Yesterday I met about 35 members of my extended family about 60 miles from here, for a potluck and visiting. LOTS of fun. I came home with left overs for today. I also came home so stiff, tired and sore that every other breath was a moan, LOL.

Today, I sit here in flannel PJs (57F degrees outside). I slept late, made a decision not to leave the apt. It is scantily decorated, there are left overs -yum- to eat. I have the TV on with Christmas music and a heavily decorated living room complete with a fire burning in the fireplace. I have called or been called by friends and family. i am good.

Tomorrow, the building will have a celebratory meal in the dining room. I am sure there is something going on downstairs, today. The building is lavishly decorated, trees on every floor, etc.

May you all have peace and happiness thruout the coming year,
BeckyO
BeckyO, you made my Christmas by posting. So glad to hear that you are doing well and I wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We miss you.

BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

Thank you Janet and Libby. I thought , "I want everyone to know I am still here"
And I miss all of you. Will try to check in more often.
Best of wishes to you and everyone else.
BeckyO

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Merry Christmas all

we already did our main celebrating. We do it on Christmas eve. Started early too - by 4.

We had a nice group. Lots of laughs and memories.

Left there right at midnight. Came home, let the pack outside. Got into jammies and now relaxing.

Good night.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

BeckyO wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:08 pm
Thank you Janet and Libby. I thought , "I want everyone to know I am still here"
And I miss all of you. Will try to check in more often.
Best of wishes to you and everyone else.
BeckyO
I’m glad you are “still here!” I miss hearing from you too.