Declutter E-Mail Lists

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Declutter E-Mail Lists

Post by clemencia2us »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:43 am I know reputable companies honor the request but if Little Miss is like me she might be getting all kinds of other things that are spam. Those are the ones that I do not respond to. I mean some of them are of a sexual nature and how and why would I want to meet Sexy Russian women or increase the size of my male who haw.. Those are the ones that I am upset about. They just change their e-mail address when I block them. What gets me is how and why would they even send things to me like that when my e-mail address includes my first name which indicates I am a woman. Janet Alliesmama
I use g-mail - have never received anything like that.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Thanks for all of your input. I will start unscribing and see how it works.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

littlemiss63 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:40 pm Thanks for all of your input. I will start unscribing and see how it works.
Don't unsubscribe from something you did not sign up for in the first place. If you don't know where the email came from (such as you've done business with the company), click it as "spam".

And some spam email LOOKS LIKE something you've done business with, such as Amazon or eBay.

I just spam everything I don't want, including things I've signed up for. It's easier than "unsubscribe" which often takes several clicks and then they're wanting to know why, etc
ohjodi
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

ohjodi wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:31 pm Don't unsubscribe from something you did not sign up for in the first place. If you don't know where the email came from (such as you've done business with the company), click it as "spam".

And some spam email LOOKS LIKE something you've done business with, such as Amazon or eBay.

I just spam everything I don't want, including things I've signed up for. It's easier than "unsubscribe" which often takes several clicks and then they're wanting to know why, etc
Thanks so much for the tips. I am taking care of each e-mail as it comes in and I hope the extra work will pay off in less clutter in my mailbox.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

ohjodi wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:31 pm -------SNIP-----

Ugh! And too many people doing that causes massive headaches for those companies trying to play by the rules....