Daily Check-in Thursday Jan 3, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in Thursday Jan 3, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Another night without sleep. I finally gave in and got up around 3:00 AM.

Hope everyone has a lovely day. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in Thursday Jan 3, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Ok, so we are trying a new experiment at work of 4 x 10 hours. It could be interesting. So I arrived at work at 6:30.

I am hoping I can swing by after work and see three of my boys. The little ones have developed ear infections. and they are uninsured right now. :? So hopefully they will clean up with one Dr. visit and prescription. Older DGS turns 5 this weekend. I can't believe it. And good news for him, his Grandpa will be able to make it to his birthday party before he flies out of town again. Ex doted on the older DGS and has been comparatively absent for the younger. I find it so sad. But, Not my problem. I am not responsible for making him look good. (I have to keep telling myself this.)

Have a great day,
Maggie

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Have been up since about 6:00A, not doing much. Read a couple of headlines and checked the weather forecast (cloudy for most of the day, sun later in the afternoon around 44). Pulled out one of my coloring sheets for a while but am giving that a break for now also.

Well my sister and her husband have found the place they want to move to and have put in an offer. They'll know soon. They've been looking to move to an Over 55 Community because it's much cheaper for them to live and they are quite unhappy with apartment living. I only hope that if they get it that they truly are happy because my sister always, and I do mean always, finds something to complain about.

I was surprised that they chose it so quickly as they went back and forth with a single wide vs a double wide and it's not like they have to give notice tomorrow that they are moving. They still had plenty of time. They decided on a single wide that will actually cost them a bit more than they can find some double wides. But buying a home is funny. You can view many but then walk into one and say to yourself, I can picture myself living here. I know I did when I bought my apartment so many years ago.

It will take her away from being right under her daughter's nose so her daughter can't pop in on her as easily as she can now because they are right next door to each other. But the place is only about a mile away so it's not going to be inconvenient either. Right now, if the daughter runs out of something, she just calls Mom and asks her if she can bring it over to her (not that she'll come and get it) and that happens way too frequently. Kris's roommate (father of the baby although he's claimed he isn't) will just have to leave for work about 10-15 minutes earlier because that's the additional time it will take to strap the baby in his carseat and drive to the new place and then go on to work. I can't imagine this taking place without some major drama but Kris has to learn that her parents have to do what they have to do in order to survive. I only wish Kris would pick up on the lesson.

Will be working on that meal plan and maybe I won't do a month's worth, but instead make up a page of recipes for chicken, beef, etc. and then add to my weekly plan. I can pre-calculate the points as next Monday I start over with my weightwatchers program.

Well off to the races. Have a wonderful day.
Last edited by LogicsHere on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good lovely Florida morning,

I had hoped yesterday would be a get it done day. But my energy faded and I got some joint aches. Hubs wondered if it was the flu. I said I doubted it. More like an electrolyte imbalance. Common on keto and even more common for me. So I popped a salt tablet and it helped. Also had some leg cramps at night, so I drained the pickles. Hubs is on his last day of no pain medications/ apple cider vinegar week. He is doing exceptionally well this month. He walked out to the dock yesterday and only came in when he felt a sunburn coming on.

I did make progress on the back patio. Not as much as hoped, but progress. I also raked the leaves off the front concrete and put them in a trash can to fill up a garden bed. The leaves are falling like a snowstorm, but I can't get out the leaf blower yet. Can't risk dust in my eye. Maybe next week.

Checked the air fare for a trip to Houston to dance and April is much better than May. Called old dance partner and asked if that switch would be ok. He agreed after discussion. Puzzling. So this morning, I will book it if it is still on sale.

The weather has been nice. No furnace heat required. Money saved. The long range weather predictions suggest we may not need to turn on the heat at all. It takes this insulated house several days to cool down. I would like that given how expensive all the insulation and windows were. a little frugal return would be nice.

Today will be a continuation of yesterday. Work on the patio, sweep leaves. No spend, I hope.

I am grateful for warm days. Have a good day everyone.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

My company has left this morning. They are heading towards Stanley N.D. to pick up a quarter horse there. It sure was nice to see a cousin I had not seen in probably 40 years.

Now the house is quiet, I hope to get some work completed and a major reorganization of the sewing/craft room completed over the next few days. You all know where everything gets hidden when company arrives. Poor room looks like a tornado went through it. Leaving massive upheaval in its wake. Perhaps if I got a few of those cut out projects done things would improve. :lol:

I do have a couple of chores from yesterday that were not completed so will need to do those at some point today (one is asking our neighbour if she will watch our cat when I go in for tests in a couple of weeks).

The rest of the list is short, and I will be heading out to get groceries in a bit (well once Hubby is up and able to move his truck). I will have to get used to him watching TV upstairs with me and not on his big screen. The receiver down there stopped working so now we need to order another one which will take a few weeks to get here and be set up. More unexpected spending, should have kept the old ones as they would have done in a pinch until the new one came. He just would not be getting HD on it.

The grocery list is pretty short as well. I am hoping that we are able to cut back on spending in this area a little bit. I really think that our monthly grocery bill is a bit high, but with the way prices are rising...…. I may have to break down and actually visit a couple of grocery stores each shopping trip as well as Walmart. Not my favorite thing to do as I feel time is worth money as well.

I plan on spending some of the day doing my knitting and watching a few older episodes of Grimm while doing so. It really is a treat to be able to watch something from beginning to end in a matter of weeks or a month.

Supper tonight is not going to be what was on the menu. I seem to once again be making way too much food so in order to keep to my no waste mantra, we will be having the leftover pork meal I made two days ago. One good thing about this is that I am not having to cook something else, just warm everything up and put it on the table. I do think that I will use up the last of the asparagus as well (needs doing before it goes off).

Today I am grateful for the visit from my cousin, no matter how short it was.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
High 20s and sunny.
Well, yesterday brought a nasty surprise: We have no health insurance. We've been covered under COBRA, and learned that the section of the company that DH worked for changed insurance plans. We weren't notified.
So, an afternoon of trying to reach people to get this resolved, without a lot of luck. Not helping is that DH picked up a stomach bug and was up in the middle of the night.
Jackie, glad you got to visit with your cousin (and I'm with you on cooking once, eating twice.)
Anyway, back to phone calls/emails .... plus whatever else I can get done today.