Daily Check-in Thursday Jan 3, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in Thursday Jan 3, 2019

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Not much new today, I walked up to the office this morning, I took my bin of give away items up and emptied it. I have already put more items into it.

I found a new Penguin pattern. I am about 1/3 of the way knitting it for the first time. I will share pictures when he is done.

I have taken down my Christmas tree. I have put the rest of my Christmas ornaments away.

That meant pulling out the Tub under my bed where all of them go. The knit ornaments I put in a plastic container. That I keep out.

I will leave my wreath up for a while.

Penny
rinty

Post by rinty »

Penny I like the idea of a Give away area in your building. Very sensible and no waste. When I go back to work I am taking all my candy canes ( I use them as edible decor ;) and a Gamekeepers Gift pack we were given. It was a nice thought but the two jars of pate are both made with alcohol so we wouldn't eat them and I already got a gift pack of various chutneys and preserves............hopefully someone will think its yummy and tak eit off my hands..........last year one of the girls was asking for smaller unwanted gifts she could use in the BINGO games she arranges at her DMs care home, bless her. Maybe this could be the star prize !

A paperwork day ( bleh ) as well as going to the beautician for electrolysis and waxing. Also tidying away Christmas and DH making a big batch of turkey chilli............I had earmarked that turkey as sandwich fillers but he's happy and so am I .

Also number crunched as so many of you have mentioned it. Paid off something of DS that has been nagging at me. Now its GONE :D Also had a nice financial surprise that will be straight to savings until I retire.

I wanted to say that I really do sympathise over the hassles so many of you have re medical cover. Genuinely sounds terrifying and I am so grateful for our health system here. LwolfT , hope that DH is now sorted out ?

Seems very empty without DS. He has settled back in nicely apparently. I couldn't sleep last night ( I am used to getting up when he's here )

Dinner tonight is NOT turkey ! I checked out some sales ( nice enough stuff but nuthin' THAT tempting ) and ended up scanning M&S foodhall for yellow stickers.

Remember M&S, FCL ?

Well, found that some fave items had sneakily gone up......but they did have Yellow stickers, hurrah ! Their prepared meats are LOVELY, and I got a rack of lamb with herbed crust for pennies, it had been £10 ! Nearly spoiled it by then picking up a pack of their wonderful marzipan fruits but then Slapped Myself Up The Side of The Head and dropped them back on a shelf (£4 !!!!) for a very small box !!!!

So that's dinner.

Today its been panettone for breakfast , quiche for lunch and this lamb with mashed pots and cabbage for tea with the very last of the trifle. I can ALMOST see the back of the fridge :shock:

Tomorrow out to an National Trust village no matter what the weather for a brisk walk with dog............there are always tempting Ye Old Tea Shoppes and they always welcome dogs............but I'll take along some drinks at least.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

I have thought the past 2 days about doing check-ins but there never seemed enough time. On the 1st because I was cleaning, sorting & decluttering a drawer and then my closet (I filled a 30 gallon trashbag with clothes to donate). Then yesterday was crazy because it was the first day back to school after Christmas break.

I'm trying to show (and think) more with gratitude this year. I may add a "gratitude journal" for myself in the Challenges board... I think that if I'm trying to show more gratitude, then maybe I won't complain SO MUCH... good for us all, hmm?! ;)

I'm subbing again today, this is my lunch break, and I WILL EAT today... I didn't yesterday and I like to have starved... so much to do and remember. From now on, I get to do "real teacher stuff," like enter grades into the system, and grade assignments, etc.

Speaking of which, I need to go add some grades now.

Dinner tonight will likely be either last Saturday's chicken & rice revamped into Cheesy Broccoli casserole, or whatever I wrote on the menu board for today.

Today I'm very grateful that they offered me 2 more weeks of subbing for this job, beyond this week.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good day all,

Did not sleep last night, took a benydryl and then couldn't wake up very well. Sleep is not coming easy for me but this cycle will figure itself out soon I hope.

Remember my housemate/roommate from some years back ? Well we are still friends and she let me know on Monday that the landlord had sold her rental and she has to be out Feb 1....our rental is empty....so I discussed it with dad. She "may" be moving into it. It will depend on her finances . She is lousy with her money but can handle it IF a place to live is important enough to her. She has no where else to go. I did NOT take her to raise but I will help IF I can. I will never give her money but I will help with suggestions and info.

I need to run the vacuum and some other stuff needs taken care of but all in all hopefully a calm day.

Off to read and catch up the ads are blinking again.
JCKitty
rinty

Post by rinty »

Okay Gayle, but we are allowed to tell you not to burn yourself out doing more than is reasonable , yes ? Be kind to you. X

The gratitude journal DOES sound nice, I actually saw one before Christmas though I didn't buy one. Maybe make it a goal to get one and do it in our FREE extra hour a week thanks to Pres Nelson ? ;)

Have we missed your birthday ? Its the first week in January isn't it ? Hope your family spoil you with things that matter to you and DDK has a lovely baptism.

I am off to make gift tags using my SiZZIX having been reminded to do it by some bloggers. The good thing about using the SIZZIX is that they look totally professional .......
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

evening update:

Took the friend to see the rental, she is taking it and is determined to make her finances work. I found her the place to live in so now it is up to her to deal with the rest of it.

Supper at dads was hamburger steaks, mashed potatoes , salad and cottage cheese with mandarin orange sections. I had my salad with black beans, corn and pork riblets on top. Love my crazy mixed up salads.
Tomorrow I have to get more done, I feel like this day just got away from me. It would have been a great day to get a walk in but too much going on. Maybe this weekend...I love to bundle up and walk the road....the scenery isn't much but the fresh air is nice and bracing.

I am trying to get completely away from extra sugar this month....too much holiday junk was around and it wacks out my blood sugar. Need to protein up and clean up my act.
JCKitty