Daily Check-in January 4, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-in January 4, 2019

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Had a really nice day....thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!
rinty

Post by rinty »

I'm late to your party, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Christmas Trees ! Glad you had a nice one !
rinty

Post by rinty »

LOL Janet. I have a laugh everytime someone on here will mention going out in their new pants :shock: . I know YOU think you mean trousers but I always get a mental picture of someone going out in their underwear !!!!!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:16 am LOL Janet. I have a laugh everytime someone on here will mention going out in their new pants :shock: . I know YOU think you mean trousers but I always get a mental picture of someone going out in their underwear !!!!!
Those are panties..... LOL

When the children at school would call someone a (fill in the blank) I would hand them a dictionary (one of the older ones with no slang) and tell them the meaning of the word (a bundle of sticks used to start a fire) and tell them to look it up themselves. Worked every time.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:16 am LOL Janet. I have a laugh everytime someone on here will mention going out in their new pants :shock: . I know YOU think you mean trousers but I always get a mental picture of someone going out in their underwear !!!!!
Rinty Lol I know a word can be made to change the whole context of what someone is saying.. I remember ordering a pastie in England but asked for a pastee..Not sure if the word pronunciation is coming through? Anyway the clerk looked at me and said in a very English way.." Madam that is what they wear on the beach in France... you want a pastie." Excuse me...lol. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama