Daily Check In January 7, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In January 7, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:13 am Good morning ....
In the 40s right now and rain on the way. If the maps are right, CG and Janet may be getting it right now.
Anyway, Christmas is mostly put away for the year, though I have some small things to put away and DH will have to deal with outside lights (and pack up the big tree).

Made refrigerator pickles again yesterday ... found some cucumbers on sale so decided to try another batch. I'm not a big fan of commercially made pickles but I do like these. Anyone have a good dill salad dressing recipe? I have fresh dill to use up ...

Couple of things to do today, plus an appointment. Hoping DH wants chili for dinner .. if not, it may be leftover pork roast.
Wolf the rain has not moved in to my area yet but maybe in to Colonial Girl's area. She is north of me and the band seems to be hitting that area first. Although we are suppose to have rain moving in sometime this morning. I am grateful that the temp is mild so it will not be freezing rain or snow. I love snow but have some outside work I want to finish this afternoon after the rain passes through.

Yum on homemade pickles. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I made oatmeal blueberry muffins this morning in my old pans. They tasted OK, but they didn’t have the nice crust the other pan gave them. My old pans are the shiny aluminum. The new ones are heavier. Plus the cups are smaller on my old pans so that might be part of it.

I am hoping to design my own penguin.

Not much else is new here.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The sun didn't come out today.

I was sleeping like a log, when i received a text. Bad MIL was texting me early. I guess she thinks i am up and about by 8. I usually am, but these last few chilly mornings, we have all just snuggled in bed.

Have a few things i want to get accomplished today.

Had early morning traffic. Teachers are back in school. Kids go back tomorrow.

Hope all have a great day.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good morning,
We got walloped by rain and winds over the weekend. Yesterday was the worst. High winds, rain and power outages. We lost power for about an hour. Some folks are still waiting for their power to come back on. The fence held up fine but the yard and roof are a mess. It will be awhile before I can get someone here to take care of the roof and gutters. There are some road closures due to tree branches, down power lines and debris in the roads.

Traditional and modified traditional schools start up tomorrow. The year round schools started last Thursday. My current assignment is at a year round school.

Since I don't go into work until this afternoon I will be working in the kitchen doing some food prep for the week. Tomorrow, Thursday and Friday I will not be home at all so I will need to pack a lunch for those days.

Well of to start my day. Have a good one!

Bev
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

I think I almost threw Janet into cardiac arrest by seeing me on-line so early this morning. :lol: :lol: I had an early Drs appointment so I was up with the chickens. It was a 360 Physical that my insurance company likes us to have and it's more a lot of questions about mental health than anything else. They pay me $50.00 for doing it so why not. This year the gift cards are to only 3 places, so I chose WalMart since I can use it for groceries or medicine.

So far the weather guy's rain hasn't come in and I'm going to enjoy that while I can. I don't have a lot on my to-do-list today so think I might take a nap. Not much else going on here, so I hope all of you have a wonderful day.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon everyone,

Another major snowstorm has arrived. The schools are closed so both teachers and children alike are probably happy to have an extra day of Christmas holidays. This morning I shovelled the back deck and cleaned the ensuite bathroom (much overdue!!). I plan to go snow shoeing in the afternoon as our temperatures are lovely and mild. We have a nearby park. Lots of children are outside having fun in the snow and building snowmen. My youngest dd made it to work but got there by walking.

This afternoon dh plans to snow blow the driveway as the snow is hardly coming down. We didn't get the high winds or amount of snow predicted.

Dh has finally agreed to a Mediterranean cruise this October so I have been exploring possibilities through Expedia and narrowed it down to 4 possibilities. Two are with Princess Cruises (Emerald Princess) departing from Barcelona, one is with Royal Caribbean (Independance of the Seas) departing from Southhampton, U.K. and one is with Holland America Line (ms Niew Statendam) departing from Amsterdam. We are leaning towards the one departing from Southhampton as we really would like to explore the roots of my ancestors who lived in Lambeth district of London. Seems it is doable as a day trip from Southhampton by train (2 hrs each way) and hotel rates in Southhampton are most reasonable of the departing cities. Any suggestions or input from any of you would be appreciated, especially if you have used the cruise line or even more specifically that particular ship. All the cruises are 11 or 12 nights and we then plan to stay at least two nights before departure and two nights after cruise is finished in the respective cities. This is my retirement gift and I know it is a big step for dh to agree. Not that he minds the amount of money spent, it's just he has trouble adjusting to changes in his routine and generally finds travel stressful.

Have a great day all!
Creative