Jan 8 2019-Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Jan 8 2019-Check-in

Post by gaylejackson2 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:55 am

Good Morning All!

Not really good morning for me, I haven't been able to sleep. :(

So I finally got up, came to my computer to figure out Google Slides, and made 2 slides of notes to show my students today. I am pleased with myself! :D My slides are mainly rules, but also potential for Extra Credit.

I have Sleepytime tea to drink, and am hoping that will help me relax enough to sleep for another 1-1/2 hours!

Today I am grateful that Dh finished off "turkey bone soup" into Turkey Noodle soup last night, AND that he brought dd5 for me too.

mbrudnic

Re: Jan 8 2019-Check-in

Post by mbrudnic » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:21 am

Good morning,

Yesterday after I left work I was able to stop and give DGS5 and quick "birthday hug on his "real" birthday. He made that distinction this year. :). I warmed some leftover turkey meatloaf and roasted some frozen brussels sprouts for my dinner.

We have been warm but a cold front is supposed to com through today and drop our temperatures to more winter-like and below freezing. My evening life is rather boring.

I did talk to a deacon from my Church and will be scheduling a meeting about applying for an annulment. Sounds like the key may be to focus on Ex's tendency towards depression. I hate to do that but...

Have a great day,
Maggie

rinty

Post by rinty » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:23 am

I am at home having been throwing up since Sunday night, a good ole D and V bug with a temp over 100, NO idea where it came from.

Embarrassing ringing up sick and I won't have a great rest of the week as I haven't been able to keep my UC meds down. Good Times !!!

DH is off doing granddad duty and I intend to wash the sweat stinking bedding I have been marinating in. As a final touch the dog threw up next to the bed this morning. Dh, bless him, has steam cleaned the carpet whilst I got up. But still unwell so back to curl up .

Maggie, hugs you do what is right for you.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:37 am

mbrudnic wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:21 am
Good morning,

Yesterday after I left work I was able to stop and give DGS5 and quick "birthday hug on his "real" birthday. He made that distinction this year. :). I warmed some leftover turkey meatloaf and roasted some frozen brussels sprouts for my dinner.

We have been warm but a cold front is supposed to com through today and drop our temperatures to more winter-like and below freezing. My evening life is rather boring.

I did talk to a deacon from my Church and will be scheduling a meeting about applying for an annulment. Sounds like the key may be to focus on Ex's tendency towards depression. I hate to do that but...

Have a great day,
Maggie
An annulment is the best way to go.... You need to do what you need to do.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:57 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Cold morning here as with the wind it feels like -28 C out. Brrrrr.

Busy day today as I have socks to darn, a pillow case to fix a seam on and the usual Tuesday chores. Should keep me busy for most of the day (well at least the morning). This does mean pulling out the portable sewing machine, and if it is out and threaded, I think some sewing may be accomplished as well. Hubby of course will wonder why I am not sewing in the designated space (as he calls my sewing/craft room), but light is important for these old eyes and I would much rather sew with natural lighting.

Slowly but surely I am making my way through the goal list and the extra cleaning list. Todays extra cleaning will be the window sills. I like giving them a good wipe down to get all the dust off. Goal wise, I am working on my knitting (three projects going: prayer shawl, temperature blanket and mitts from the lovely alpaca youngest got me for Christmas) so I am looking forward to crossing a couple of items off that list in the next week or so. My knitting will be coming to appointments with me next week and the trip up as well as back. I more than likely will not be sleeping well (never can in a strange place) so I will need something quiet to do.

Frugally speaking I will be repairing items instead of buying new (used to do that quite often), it will be a no spend day, and I am still on a quest to use up all those cleaning supplies. Last nights supper were individual meatloaves. So out of the 8 I made 6 are in the fridge. They are wrapped in twos and put into a bigger container. Now we have enough for another 3 meals for each of us. I am really trying to prepare ahead just in case I end up in the hospital or laid up due to any surgery.

Supper this evening will be some leftover ham made into a casserole. I have some potatoes that need using up so pretty sure those will be included in said casserole. There should be enough leftover to have in a couple of days.

Today I am grateful for being retired and not having to go out when it is this darn cold out.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:59 am

rinty wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:23 am
I am at home having been throwing up since Sunday night, a good ole D and V bug with a temp over 100, NO idea where it came from.

Embarrassing ringing up sick and I won't have a great rest of the week as I haven't been able to keep my UC meds down. Good Times !!!

DH is off doing granddad duty and I intend to wash the sweat stinking bedding I have been marinating in. As a final touch the dog threw up next to the bed this morning. Dh, bless him, has steam cleaned the carpet whilst I got up. But still unwell so back to curl up .

Maggie, hugs you do what is right for you.
Rinty I have been busy cleaning up after the cat. She has already made me clean 2X (this is not including cleaning up right after getting up). I think she got into something she shouldn't have (like corn spilt under DH's chair).