Jan 8 2019-Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Jan 8 2019-Check-in

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:14 pm Kitty, I just can't give him up. We are almost like two peas in a pod, we think so much alike. He said to me tonight, "I don't know of anyone ever in my life that I get along with as well as I do you, but I am so afraid that would change if we married". He loved his wife, but just from conversation I think she was one controlling human being and he married her at 17. He's enjoying his freedom also and since that is the only person he was ever married to, he can't believe it would be different.

I can't argue with him about changing, I don't think it would, but it could and this time is so good too. How long have you and your fiance been engaged? You do sound like you are on the fence about making that final commitment too.

I honestly believe that most woman do remarry for security sometimes. That at least is what I hear when I listen to my friends conversations, it's more about money than it is about being deeply in love with someone. This shocked me at first because I was so in love with my DH and we married when both of us had nothing but our love for each other. I am financially secure and eventho I never had to jump through hoops with DH about what I spent money for, not having to report to anyone is absolutely heaven now. In our lifetime we had some disagreements on what one wanted and the other didn't and now I am blessed to not have that problem. If I want to change something it's my decision.

I ate the last of my Fried Apples tonight and I thought about you. They are divine, so thanks for the recipe. Cracker Barrel has nothing on your recipe.
Libby and Kitty I am in with the "me to" idea of remaining single. I married once late in life and it was once too many..lol. They have done a study and the happiest people in the world are single women followed by married men..Men seem to want to have someone in their lives and women seem to function quite well on their own. My Mom was married twice and she said after my Dad died never again.. He did leave her well off. Three years after he died she started to date.. She found a very sweet and kind widower and I think the last three years of both of their lives were their happiest.. Sad that they never met earlier in life.. but at least their last years were happy. They both kept their own homes but did a lot of things together including going to church. Wishing all women happiness no matter where they find it but being single is the only life for me. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Sorry Libby and Janet, just saw these replies...

The fiancé and I have been together since 2001, I have no intention whatsoever of every marrying again. Done that twice cause I guess I am a slow learner. :?

He has his own home and sounds alittle like Clem's COD LOL, he is a "collector" but not of things that I like. I like my stuff not his and to be honest would not want it in my home. We have discussed this many times and it does not hurt his feelings so it's all good.
He also keeps a schedule that if he were here in my home, he would not survive LOL.

We are very open in our relationship, I know how he feels and he understands where I am coming from. He is so fantastic in his understanding of my schedules and caring for my dad, and would be the first to say dad comes first.

We all have to live our lives the way that suits ourselves.
Make the personal decision to suit you and the other's opinions can take a hike.
JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

jckitty wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:52 pm Sorry Libby and Janet, just saw these replies...

The fiancé and I have been together since 2001, I have no intention whatsoever of every marrying again. Done that twice cause I guess I am a slow learner. :?

He has his own home and sounds alittle like Clem's COD LOL, he is a "collector" but not of things that I like. I like my stuff not his and to be honest would not want it in my home. We have discussed this many times and it does not hurt his feelings so it's all good.
He also keeps a schedule that if he were here in my home, he would not survive LOL.

We are very open in our relationship, I know how he feels and he understands where I am coming from. He is so fantastic in his understanding of my schedules and caring for my dad, and would be the first to say dad comes first.

We all have to live our lives the way that suits ourselves.
Make the personal decision to suit you and the other's opinions can take a hike.
JCKitty
Kitty thanks for sharing. It sounds like you have a good arrangement and if it makes you both happy I say to heck with what anyone else thinks. So sweet of your fiance to understand how important the care is that you give to your Dad. Sounds like he is a keeper.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

JC I would so LOVE an arrangement like that. I was married for over 25 years until DH passed away and have no desire to tie the knot again. However having a companion nearby would be nice.

Bev
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:00 am I hope you managed to get some more sleep Gayle.
Thank you Jackie. I did get a little more sleep that morning, but not much. My neck ached and I just could not relax.