Jan 8 2019-Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Jan 8 2019-Check-in

Post by Jackielou » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:00 am

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:55 am
Good Morning All!

Not really good morning for me, I haven't been able to sleep. :(

So I finally got up, came to my computer to figure out Google Slides, and made 2 slides of notes to show my students today. I am pleased with myself! :D My slides are mainly rules, but also potential for Extra Credit.

I have Sleepytime tea to drink, and am hoping that will help me relax enough to sleep for another 1-1/2 hours!

Today I am grateful that Dh finished off "turkey bone soup" into Turkey Noodle soup last night, AND that he brought dd5 for me too.
I hope you managed to get some more sleep Gayle.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:24 am

ugh - had to get up early today

Have to take a sibling to a doctor appointment. No blood work, so don't know why she made it so early. Especially this time of the year. It is foggy out there. We have had many accidents lately due to this. Its not far, but still. I was getting used to sleeping in. And then she probably didn't tell her kids and they would have loved to take her. But she doesn't want to bother them. Sheesh. Moms out there - tell your kids.

Other than that have a great day

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:35 am

Good morning all.

Up early again to wait for the roofers but so far they aren’t here. I do hope they finish up this morning and don’t wait until the end of the day - or another day - to squeeze in the final work.

I was totally preoccupied with the roof yesterday so go very little done. Hopefully I’ll be more at ease today and can get some housework accomplished.

Yesterday I was happy to get a card and long letter from the daughter of mom’s former neighbor who she loved. The daughter was wonderful about always remembering mom’s birthday but has kept in touch only sporadically the past two years because her husband has Alzheimer’s. It was so great to get the letter.

Tomorrow I’m planning a lunch outing with my friend and it will be good to get out.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:07 am

Good morning
Near 50 and sunny ... as Maggie says, we're in for some winter temps again.

The insurance issue may not be sorted. Haven't had any word ... DH is now gettting some buck passing. So he has calls to make today.

Finished my last framing project, Yay! Need to put away some Christmas tree lights and pack up the boxes ...

Last night's dinner ended up being pizza ... so chili is on for tonight ;)

Rinty ... that bug sounds like what DH had. Hope all will be well in a day or so.
Maggie, you do what is best for you to reach closure ...

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:01 am

Good morning all,

Well, yesterday had a few unplanned adventures. The funniest one was learning never to put a safety deposit box in its bank vault slot backwards. I wanted my passport for my upcoming cruise and the young bank staff woman who put it back in the slot put it in, backwards. I warned against it as she started to slip it in, but she was sure it would be fine and pushed it in. I said I would prefer she turn it right since it looked like it wouldn't come out easily. Well, 10 minutes later and several tools, it was finally wiggled out and put in correctly. Lesson, put the safety deposit boxes in correctly, handle accessible.

Hubs had a tough day. His 11 am appointment was actually 1 pm and I had just dropped him off and gone shopping. I had his cell phone because mine is now dead. It was supposedly funded through the 17th, but they cut it off and no longer allows funding over the internet. AT&T wants me to buy a new upgraded phone obviously. Hubs had to sit until I picked him up. He couldn't remember his cell phone number, so the doctor couldn't call me. Frankly, we had made this appointment and the follow up appointment in December and I clearly remember the times. Always disturbing when appointments get changed without being informed. He had a few more things go wrong during the day and he was not in a good mood.

I had agreed to help my elderly neighbor with leaf raking. Well, thanks to the appointment mix up, I didn't get home until 3 pm. She was already out there and had her adult daughter(who lives with her) helping. The adult daughter was not happy to be working and complained that she was getting dirty. Well, I helped some and we filled all the bags allowed by the trash pick up and then some more. She insisted we stop though there was more to do.

Today, I will work on raking my leaves. The winds are calm and they have been falling a lot. I also have dishes and laundry to do. I changed the set up on my irrigation system and I need to check it for leaks and then water everything. It is pretty dry right now. If I get tired of raking leaves, I will work on building the patio. Always lots of projects.

Today, I am grateful for my beautiful trees, even when they shed. Sometimes, I just stand among them and feel peaceful. Have a good day all.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Made it back home safely

Still very foggy out there. Lots of people didn’t have on their lights. At least they weren’t speeding as they normally do when the weather is clear.