An Egg By Any Other Name

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: An Egg By Any Other Name

Post by jckitty »

I would have passed out at the price of that meal....but I am a " cheap date" and I can't help myself from thinking I could make this at home for $$.

JCKitty
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

jckitty wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:41 pm I would have passed out at the price of that meal....but I am a " cheap date" and I can't help myself from thinking I could make this at home for $$.

JCKitty
Kitty, I am really bad about thinking the same thing. However, usually the places that I eat give such huge portions that I can't eat it all and I do bring it home with me for another couple of meals. The main thing that is motivating me not to eat out is I have made a resolution to eat healthier this year as I was eating out to much and it hasn't been good for my health. I have gift cards that I will regift because I want be using them. Places like Burger King and Taco Bell.
nbeaver

Post by nbeaver »

I LOVE eating out--but only if it is a planned, nice meal with DH. We never go out for convenience, and since we live in the country, it's not very convenient anyway. We go out maybe every other month, to some nice-ish, sit-down restaurant, and we usually spend between $30-40 for the two of us. We almost always drink water. But the every other month splurge is totally worth it to me for a relaxing meal that I don't have to plan for, cook for, or clean up afterward and when I can enjoy a nice conversation with DH. Also, I usually get something that I couldn't (or wouldn't?) cook at home.