Daily Check-in, January 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in, January 13, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I ventured out to 8:30 AM Mass. It was sparsely attended. The priest said this was the sort of morning where we use our Common sense. If we feel comfortable going out, we go if not, we say our prayers at home. He also predicted that 6 PM Mass would be packed as it is the only evening Mass on the South side of town. It must have snowed all night. There was quite a bit. I fishtailed around a couple of corners and had my ABS jump in a few times. Thought I might slide past the entrance to Church. Traffic was light enough and I was on high alert so it was more fun than scary. ( I have all-wheel drive on my SUV).

I looks like we are slowing down. I did not watch TV news, but I think we are supposed to taper off and maybe get rain later this evening. I am trying to go back to a more strict Mediterranean-style diet. It is what help me lose weight last year. So I am collecting recipes and planning meals. But since it appears that I am in the transition of Menopause, Well see if I can do it. Happily I have escaped hot flashes and other hormonal issues. Good thing since my hormones have been unbalanced most of my life.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:54 am LOL, It's a good living!

I do not find Windows 10 that much different. My work machine in Win 7 and my home is Win 10. Just give it time. You will get used to it. Stuff is just in a different place, but the functionality is very much the same.
You deserve a good living!

It is the Update stuff that is frustrating me right now but I’m trying to be patient. 😀
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We have light snow but nothing bad. I think I may have received 10 inches in total so far. I love it! the only thing is Teddi was suppose to go for a grooming appointment tomorrow and my driveway is very long and know I will not be able to get out until there is a melt down this coming week. The actual road is good.. Not much going on here except the usual puttering. I am feeding more and more birds and love watching them. They are flocking to my deck since that is where I feed them.. There are lovely splashes of color with the cardinals and blue jays.

Yesterday evening I saw a bird in distress on my deck. I called out to it and it did not move so I thought it is either sick or dead. I suited up and with a towel in hand went out to retrieve it.. It was a LEAF!..lol. It was about the same color of a lady cardinal and the body outline of a bird.lol. Oh well better to check on it just in case. I would feel horrible if it had been a real bird and it died due to something wrong with it and had suffered in the cold.

Have a good and frugal Sunday. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

So my mom used to call Pippi the “Smile Maker.” It is so true.

Pippi has shown no interest in the pop-up tunnel gift from my neighbor. But the tissue paper is a different story. Last week I took all the tissue paper out of the gift bag and laid it flat on the floor in a pile in my living room. (I moved it when the roof guy came to the house to collect the money. Didn’t want to look like a complete nut.) Pippi wants me to get down on the floor and cover her over with a sheet or two. She squirms around and destroys it. Then she runs and dashes into the pile. I dangle a piece of cloth ribbon that she attacks. My best laugh was when she put her head through the middle of a piece and was wearing it like a collar. What a funny girl for 16 years old.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
floridacatlover

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:21 am Good morning. We have light snow but nothing bad. I think I may have received 10 inches in total so far. I love it! the only thing is Teddi was suppose to go for a grooming appointment tomorrow and my driveway is very long and know I will not be able to get out until there is a melt down this coming week. The actual road is good.. Not much going on here except the usual puttering. I am feeding more and more birds and love watching them. They are flocking to my deck since that is where I feed them.. There are lovely splashes of color with the cardinals and blue jays.

Yesterday evening I saw a bird in distress on my deck. I called out to it and it did not move so I thought it is either sick or dead. I suited up and with a towel in hand went out to retrieve it.. It was a LEAF!..lol. It was about the same color of a lady cardinal and the body outline of a bird.lol. Oh well better to check on it just in case. I would feel horrible if it had been a real bird and it died due to something wrong with it and had suffered in the cold.

Have a good and frugal Sunday. Janet Alliesmama
That is wonderful that you planned ahead to have the food for the birds during the snow. Funny about the leaf!

Will your driveway melt enough in a few days? Do you have a neighbor who might have a snow blower?
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hey All,

Well, it took me til the 13th to stop being Pollyanna ;)

Its re DS ( of course ) And would take way way way way too long to describe.Spent an hour on the phone to other parents

And politics, yours , mine , everybodies.

Also DH went to the allotment, gone minutes then phones me.....He had been trying to lift up a wooden edging ( and slipped and fell ) The entire wooden structure that must weigh over 20lbs smacked him in forehead. He was bleeding like a stuck pig. Cleaned him up, decided I would take him to hospital myself and drove down there. Foolishly I took him to Urgent Care ( which is apparently for those who don't have doctors........so a ROOMFUL of people with BUGGER ALL wrong with them and a 70 yr old who is BLEEDING.

Lets say the woman doing triage was NOT a genius nor that she has ever used the word " priority ". I went to her again to stress DH actual problem and we were seen. The nurse immediately cleaned him and sent us to REAL HOSPITAL past the whining losers who need to sort themselves out.............

He home now, stitches, can't imagine how big the bruises will be. I will make a doctors appt for midweek, to check healing.

I got the beef leftovers from Christmas out last night, thank goodness as I don't feel up to phaffing around making a meal. Foul mood all round.

No end of Work Stuff to sort out...........initially I was quite enthused. Now , couldn't care less. Whatever. I need to be giving 100% to DS not being the worker who GIVES 100% to Other Peoples Kids. Yay , me . I swear I would not be the person who ventured to suggest I wasn't doing enough this week :shock: .

Two courses ergo two late days. Also a volunteer gig I now do not give two hoots about. Anyway,very busy week.

Whatever, I would very much rather be curled up in a ball keeping an eye on DH ( head swathed in bandages )

Off to make mashed swede, cabbage, leftover cauliflower cheese and beef in gravy to feed my wounded warrior..........