Daily Check-in, January 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check-in, January 13, 2019

Post by jckitty » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Good day all,

Snow has stopped and the satellite has gone out...probably has heavy, wet snow on the dish. means suiting up and going out to check it...but to be honest I kinda like it.
I was able to watch my favorite Sunday program. I really didn't want to miss it as it featured Carole King.

Chickens dug out, fed and watered, massive load of firewood in and meatloaf mixed up to meld flavors. have also gone to dads for his dogs bath.
next up is finding some leftovers in the fridge for lunch....no fears there are plenty to choose from. LOL

Need to prep the sunroom to be worked in this week, no biggie just a lot of moving stuff/plants.
Rinty, God love you...just try to rest and look after you and your own.
Blessings on all,
JCKitty

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:58 pm

floridacatlover wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:26 am
That is wonderful that you planned ahead to have the food for the birds during the snow. Funny about the leaf!

Will your driveway melt enough in a few days? Do you have a neighbor who might have a snow blower?
We will start to have temps in the low 40's during the day but will be below freezing at night but with the off and on it will melt down mid week if not sooner.. Once it is to a level that I feel safe in I will drive my car up and down my driveway to make it melt better. My aide is suppose to come Tuesday. I hope to have it workable for when she is to come.. She has a car that sits really low.. Anyway she can skip Tuesday if it is not ok for her and make up the hours here and there during the week.

I love watching the birds and happy to be able to feed them. I will try to keep up with it during the winter months but towards spring I start feeding them on my lower patio level to get them use to being out in the wooded areas for spring..I do not feed them year round but in winter it is hard for them to find things to eat.

It is still snowing lightly but nothing to be concerned about as far as accumulation. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:05 pm

floridacatlover wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:23 am
So my mom used to call Pippi the “Smile Maker.” It is so true.

Pippi has shown no interest in the pop-up tunnel gift from my neighbor. But the tissue paper is a different story. Last week I took all the tissue paper out of the gift bag and laid it flat on the floor in a pile in my living room. (I moved it when the roof guy came to the house to collect the money. Didn’t want to look like a complete nut.) Pippi wants me to get down on the floor and cover her over with a sheet or two. She squirms around and destroys it. Then she runs and dashes into the pile. I dangle a piece of cloth ribbon that she attacks. My best laugh was when she put her head through the middle of a piece and was wearing it like a collar. What a funny girl for 16 years old.
Pippi sounds like a lot of fun. I had a feather on a string on a pole ( sort of a small fishing pole type thing) that my rabbit did not find interesting but I gave it to a friend for her cat and she loved it.. My rabbit, Ginger, use to love the sensation of cloth on her nose. I would hold up something like a pillow case and she would run back and forth through it.. something like what a bullfighter and a bull would do.. Sometimes I would say Ole..lol. Thank God there were no close neighbors to hear me...lol. It is amazing what animals will find to play with. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:10 pm

rinty wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:14 pm
Hey All,

Well, it took me til the 13th to stop being Pollyanna ;)

Its re DS ( of course ) And would take way way way way too long to describe.Spent an hour on the phone to other parents

And politics, yours , mine , everybodies.

Also DH went to the allotment, gone minutes then phones me.....He had been trying to lift up a wooden edging ( and slipped and fell ) The entire wooden structure that must weigh over 20lbs smacked him in forehead. He was bleeding like a stuck pig. Cleaned him up, decided I would take him to hospital myself and drove down there. Foolishly I took him to Urgent Care ( which is apparently for those who don't have doctors........so a ROOMFUL of people with BUGGER ALL wrong with them and a 70 yr old who is BLEEDING.

Lets say the woman doing triage was NOT a genius nor that she has ever used the word " priority ". I went to her again to stress DH actual problem and we were seen. The nurse immediately cleaned him and sent us to REAL HOSPITAL past the whining losers who need to sort themselves out.............

He home now, stitches, can't imagine how big the bruises will be. I will make a doctors appt for midweek, to check healing.

I got the beef leftovers from Christmas out last night, thank goodness as I don't feel up to phaffing around making a meal. Foul mood all round.

No end of Work Stuff to sort out...........initially I was quite enthused. Now , couldn't care less. Whatever. I need to be giving 100% to DS not being the worker who GIVES 100% to Other Peoples Kids. Yay , me . I swear I would not be the person who ventured to suggest I wasn't doing enough this week :shock: .

Two courses ergo two late days. Also a volunteer gig I now do not give two hoots about. Anyway,very busy week.

Whatever, I would very much rather be curled up in a ball keeping an eye on DH ( head swathed in bandages )

Off to make mashed swede, cabbage, leftover cauliflower cheese and beef in gravy to feed my wounded warrior..........
Rinty so sorry to hear about your DH. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers to heal quickly..
Sorry that things about your DS are not working out again/still..Will also keep him and you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care (hug). Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:17 pm

alliesmama4 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:05 pm
Pippi sounds like a lot of fun. I had a feather on a string on a pole ( sort of a small fishing pole type thing) that my rabbit did not find interesting but I gave it to a friend for her cat and she loved it.. My rabbit, Ginger, use to love the sensation of cloth on her nose. I would hold up something like a pillow case and she would run back and forth through it.. something like what a bullfighter and a bull would do.. Sometimes I would say Ole..lol. Thank God there were no close neighbors to hear me...lol. It is amazing what animals will find to play with. Janet Alliesmama
Forgot to mention Ginger loved to shred paper.. She made a big mess but if she was busy shredding and happy that was ok. Once she jumped up on a chair and grabbed a piece of paper off of my table.. I was doing bills. She had grabbed an RX..I called the Drs office to explain to them what had happened and the Secretary busted out laughing. She said," now I have heard everything." The good thing was it was an RX for the prep for a colonoscopy so it was not like I was trying to get more drugs..lol.
Janet Alliesmama

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:36 pm

alliesmama4 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:17 pm
Forgot to mention Ginger loved to shred paper.. She made a big mess but if she was busy shredding and happy that was ok. Once she jumped up on a chair and grabbed a piece of paper off of my table.. I was doing bills. She had grabbed an RX..I called the Drs office to explain to them what had happened and the Secretary busted out laughing. She said," now I have heard everything." The good thing was it was an RX for the prep for a colonoscopy so it was not like I was trying to get more drugs..lol.
That is hilarious! I can just hear you on the phone explaining to the doctor’s office. Animals add so much to our lives.