Saving Photos on the Computer

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Saving Photos on the Computer

Post by floridacatlover » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:46 pm

What is the best way to transfer photos from an iPhone and iPad to a Windows computer? As you can see, I’ve been a major procrastinator on this.

Yesterday I imported photos from my iPod touch to the laptop using the Windows 10 photo app. Didn’t really know what I was doing but it worked.

But I read the best way is through iTunes. Is this correct and still current? I have my England photos on my iPhone and don’t want to mess it up.

Thanks.

mbrudnic

Re: Saving Photos on the Computer

Post by mbrudnic » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:33 pm

So Windows 10 has the ability to recognize when you plug in your device that there are pictures present and will give you the option to transfer them. I've helped a fired do it several times. I have not figured out how to do it "on demand" other than having the computer running and plugging in her iPhone, letting Windows recognize the device and the photo transfer wizard automatically coming up. Of course I never Googled it either.

Because I have Amazon Prime, it offers a photo storing service and I was able to install an app on my iPhone that synchronized my iPhone pictures to my Amazon account.

floridacatlover

Re: Saving Photos on the Computer

Post by floridacatlover » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:29 pm

Thanks Maggie. The photo transfer wizard must have come up when I connected my iPod touch yesterday because it copied all the photos and put them in one big folder called something like “recent photos” I moved the important ones into separate folders.

I also have Amazon Prime and will look into that app. I remember you mentioned their photo storage in the past and I did not know that was part of Prime.

On Tuesday I’m having coffee with a friend who I know takes photos from her travels on her iPhone. I’ll see how she transfers them. She is not very tech savvy so they may still be on her phone like mine.