Daily Check in Jan 14, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in Jan 14, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

I attempted to drive my car up and down my driveway.. What an idiot! I did get it backed out of the garage and made ruts on the concrete pad area but when it comes to the actual driveway I am stuck.It is gravel. Even after shoveling the snow away from my wheels it still will not move. I am hoping for a meltdown tomorrow but had to cancel my aide. I do not mind her not being here but I know she needs the money. Hopefully Wed or Thursday she can make it in and work the extra hours on those days. I will have to mush out to the end of the driveway tomorrow to get my water bill paid. Normally I drop it off in the village but that is not going to be happening before the bill is due. My aide said to be sure to take my cell phone with me in case I fall. Good idea. I do have ski poles for just an occasion and if the bill was not due so soon I would wait until it was safer to walk out. I should have gone with my original instinct to take the bill earlier last week. Oh well live and learn.
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:07 pm I attempted to drive my car up and down my driveway.. What an idiot! I did get it backed out of the garage and made ruts on the concrete pad area but when it comes to the actual driveway I am stuck.It is gravel. Even after shoveling the snow away from my wheels it still will not move. I am hoping for a meltdown tomorrow but had to cancel my aide. I do not mind her not being here but I know she needs the money. Hopefully Wed or Thursday she can make it in and work the extra hours on those days. I will have to mush out to the end of the driveway tomorrow to get my water bill paid. Normally I drop it off in the village but that is not going to be happening before the bill is due. My aide said to be sure to take my cell phone with me in case I fall. Good idea. I do have ski poles for just an occasion and if the bill was not due so soon I would wait until it was safer to walk out. I should have gone with my original instinct to take the bill earlier last week. Oh well live and learn.
Janet Alliesmama
Janet, don’t take any chances. Why don’t you call the water company and tell them the circumstances. If there is late fee I’m sure they will waive it. Would it be possible to pay online? I think you should wait until more snow is melted.

Years ago when I was much younger mom and I went to Massachusetts in December to visit her best friend who was very ill. It snowed six inches. I tried to go out to get the newspaper and fell on my butt. It is not worth risking breaking something.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good evening all,

Well it's official my house is a wreck of a construction zone LOL.
We are making progress but it is like putting a giant jigsaw puzzle together as we are using reclaimed barn beams and cladding.

Made veg soup for supper, dad had dental work today so I thought maybe something easy to eat. He gets his new tooth (bridge) in 3 weeks and is so excited.

I was so busy today that I didn't eat anything, dumb move...blood sugar issue and had a blasting headache. After a bowl of soup and a biscuit I was fine.
Hoping we can get this project done by the weekend, it might take the whole weekend to get stuff cleaned up and put away. The weather is supposed to be really sucky so will be staying in anyway.
I need to make a list of meat in the freezer, as I won't be going to the store in bad weather . Dad said tonight as we were discussing it, that he would be good with pancakes and eggs anytime....no problem! I love breakfast for supper.

Jackie, I am praying your tests go well and everything will work out.

well off to read and catch up, bed early tonight, I'm tired.

JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:37 pm Janet, don’t take any chances. Why don’t you call the water company and tell them the circumstances. If there is late fee I’m sure they will waive it. Would it be possible to pay online? I think you should wait until more snow is melted.

Years ago when I was much younger mom and I went to Massachusetts in December to visit her best friend who was very ill. It snowed six inches. I tried to go out to get the newspaper and fell on my butt. It is not worth risking breaking something.
Thanks FloridaCat.. I did look on the bill and they have an internet site to make a payment.. There is a fee of course but it is better than falling down.. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.lol. They use to charge $5.00 to make a telephone payment.. I do not trust rural mail to be pick up my bill and get them there on time that is why I usually drop it off at the water company. It is only 3 miles from here and a nice little get out of the house for a few minutes drive except when it snows..lol. Janet Alliesmama .
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

itspennyc wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 am I have been busy, I am changing the bed today. The sheets are in the dryer. I have the bottom sheet on the bed. I also made Blueberry oatmeal muffins. I will put them in the freezer for breakfasts after my hand surgery.

I have 2 baskets of laundry to fold. When they are dry I will also have sheets to fold.

I have a lot to do today to get ready for my surgery.

I will be gathering things and packing as much as possible for tomorrow.

Penny
Penny, Sorry, I missed this. Good luck tomorrow!