Daily Check in Jan 14, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
itspennyc

Re: Daily Check in Jan 14, 2019

Post by itspennyc » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 am

I have been busy, I am changing the bed today. The sheets are in the dryer. I have the bottom sheet on the bed. I also made Blueberry oatmeal muffins. I will put them in the freezer for breakfasts after my hand surgery.

I have 2 baskets of laundry to fold. When they are dry I will also have sheets to fold.

I have a lot to do today to get ready for my surgery.

I will be gathering things and packing as much as possible for tomorrow.

Penny

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:47 am

Dgflorida wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:19 am
Good Monday morning all,

What an interesting family story, Maggie. Safe driving.

------------SNIP------------
My parents can be quite a trip. I feel so fortunate. They are both 74. Day will be 75 next week. Very independent and able-bodied. They go back and forth all the time. My ex has enough similar with my Dad that I figured our relationship could be similar to theirs. Ex is not just like my Dad and did not give me the push-back I needed/deserved.

But my Mom is still slowing down noticeably. Dad's having back problems again. He's already had one surgery and has compressed disks higher. He does not want surgery, but he also did not like the meds the doc gave him. they slowed down his reflexes so he was unable to play racquetball. (3 times a week)Mom shakes her head at people who push themselves too hard and I laugh because she is one of them.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:32 am

itspennyc wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 am
I have been busy, I am changing the bed today. The sheets are in the dryer. I have the bottom sheet on the bed. I also made Blueberry oatmeal muffins. I will put them in the freezer for breakfasts after my hand surgery.

I have 2 baskets of laundry to fold. When they are dry I will also have sheets to fold.

I have a lot to do today to get ready for my surgery.

I will be gathering things and packing as much as possible for tomorrow.

Penny
Penny good luck tomorrow. Will be thinking of you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a good recovery. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:35 am

Jackielou wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:55 am
Good morning fellow frugalites,

Busy day ahead and I slept in. Oh well that just means head to the grind stone for me. Need to get things completed and what packing I can, for the trip ahead.

Not sure how much time I will be spending online tomorrow and Wednesday. I do know the hotel has free WiFi and hope to be able to take advantage of that at some point. Should be home on Wednesday with a few answers/solutions.

So my to do list is long, and I need to get started on that very soon. I am hoping to be able to go to my prayer shawl meeting and have most of it completed. As is usual some are little 5 or 10 minute chores, others take a bit longer.

Hubby plans on taking the car to wash it today (it is very dirty), and bottling the last of the wine. I need to pay bills (will do online) and pick up our allowances (will do after I leave prayer shawl ministry). It is frugal to combine errands to save on fuel.

Other ways of saving will be using up some more cleaning supplies, and of course using up the yarn and fabric stashes. Right now it is mostly about using up those odd balls or yarn from the stash, but I hope to get that down a bit over the next while.

Food is being used up as well. Last night I cooked one of our few remaining beef roasts and the leftovers have been packaged up and put in the freezer for later use. Might as well get as much as possible use out of something we paid good money for. I really do wish we got those yellow sticker deals that some of you get, our grocery bill would be down to almost nothing in comparison to what it is now.

Now new ideas on saving as of yet. I am sure I will find a little tidbit or two that I have overlooked in my quest for new ideas. It seems the harder I search the more those little tips elude me. I do find incorporating little things into our daily routine are much easier to do than one big seemingly impossible idea.

One pair of mitts and the matching headband have been completed. Right now I am starting on a pair of fingerless mitts to match. Those will more than likely be done in the next couple of days. Waiting seems to be lots of knitting time.

Off to get started on my day. Need to get that daily walk in and then start madly cleaning the house or doing other items on my to do list.

Supper tonight is going to be some leftover turkey noodle soup along with some salmon sandwiches (needs must get more fish in the system....good oils you know).

Today I am grateful for another beautiful winter day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie, Do you leave in the morning? I will be thinking of you and praying that all is well. We all love you here ya know!

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:43 am

Good Morning Everyone,

While half the nation is having snow problems we must be getting all the rain. Another gloomy day here in Middle Tennessee. I have a 1:30 Dr's appointment so I can't help but being out in it today. I will say I will take the rain instead of the snow for driving purposes. When we get snow the city shuts down, we just aren't equipped that well to deal with it. Slept good last night and considering that I don't usually have a good night before any kind of Dr's appointment, that was good for me.

I have found a show that I like "New Amsterdam" on Hulu. I wasn't sure after reading some posts that I wasn't wasting my $.99 a month that I got back on Black Friday. Of course the funny thing is I could have watched it for free on the NBC site, but I couldn't have seen it from the comfort of my bed since I no longer have cable. I could have watched it in my office because I could have streamed it off my computer. This is better. My son is always sending me a flash drive with an interesting show that he likes and the latest one was Billions. I am into the second season on that one, but I have to watch it my office.

Had a nice blueberry smoothie for breakfast. I need to pick up some more greek yogurt as I used the last of it today. I will do that after I finish my Dr's appointment if it isn't raining to bad. I could just do a Walmart shop on-line too.

Not a lot on the to-do-list today as I did another load of laundry yesterday. I changed my bedsheets and figured I would just go ahead and get them out of the way. I didn't go to church because of the rain.

Not much else going on here so everyone have a good day and you snowed in people be very careful. Jackie, you are in my prayers. I will be so glad when these tests are over for you.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:36 pm

ChristmasTrees wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:35 am
Jackie, Do you leave in the morning? I will be thinking of you and praying that all is well. We all love you here ya know!
Yes I leave tomorrow morning probably around 9 am. First is bone scan, then the next day a mammo and the other tests.