Daily Check In January 15, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 15, 2019

Post by Jackielou » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:57 am

Coffee first, back ASAP

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 15, 2019

Post by Jackielou » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:02 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up early once again. While I think I slept okay, my mind is racing this morning. Trying to relax and take it easy.

I will need to wake Hubby up in and hour or so, and I want to get my walk in this morning as well. Wear off some energy so sitting in a vehicle is not as hard on me. I also have a few chores to do as well.

However all packed except for the last minute items, youngest DS contacted about having supper with us tonight, and the neighbour picked up the key so she can feed the cat for the day we are gone.

Thanks all for your prayers and the love I feel.

Everybody have a great day. I will check in when I can.

frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:04 am

Jackie, Hope everything goes well! :)

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:27 am

Jackie, safe travels and I hope that everything goes well.

I’m up early for me because I’m meeting a friend for tea. This is the friend who invited me for Christmas dinner. I have all her “leftovers” containers to return, also.

Later this morning I’ll meet the lawnmower service guy at mom’s house. I thought I would be able to put off the lawnmower issue until Spring but we’ve had such warm weather that the back yard will need cutting soon. I decided to try to get the lawnmower repaired before buying a new one. This service business is the one mom used and they pick up and deliver.

Because of the warm weather, the electric bills for my house and mom’s house were both under my budgeted amount. Between the two, the bills were $35 lower. I have only had to use the heat one day at my house, early in the season. I do have the heat on at mom’s house to take off the chill.

Today is Brexit day. The Prime Minister Theresa May will almost certainly lose the ‘meaningful vote’ of her negotiated deal by a lot and then no one knows what will happen to Britain’s plan to leave the EU. The vote is at 2 p.m. (7 p.m. London time) so I may be home to watch. I’m still a PolySci student at heart.

Have a good day.

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:54 am

Good morning everyone! Shoot- I lost my post! My iPhone is very sensitive and I’ve had quite a few slips of the finger lately.

Jackie just wanted to hop in and wish you all the best! Safe travels! Hope you can enjoy some time with your ds.

I feel some new muscles today! I guess not surprising as I cross country skied about 10 km in the morning and then joined the Snowshoe Adventure club in the afternoon. Won’t be going to the gym with Dh this morning. Do plan on joining walking club this afternoon to encourage some of my retired friends to walk. Will be staying home this morning to catch up on house work/ meal prepping.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:22 am

Good Morning,

Jackie, so glad you can feel our prayers, I hope Penny does too.

I think DS1's dog has accepted me as Grandma. LOL. I was over there last night. She seems to have learned that I don't like an enthusiastic greeting, but I will give her a pat or two if she approaches me gently. She looked to me to go out when DS was busy. He ended up taking her out while I finished dinner preparations. At another point she came up and bumped my arm. I said 'What are you trying to tell me Lacey?" DDIL "Said' She is letting you know her human went outside." (DS). LOL. I said "Yes, it is OK, He's a big boy " Then when I was leaving and they boys were told to give grandma and hug and a kiss goodbye, Lacey came over for a goodbye pat. LOL. So I guess I need to say I have a Granddog now. I did not see the cat that loves to plop in my lap on occasion. They have converted my discomfort with animals to more indifference. It's a fun observation for me.

Have a great day,
Maggie

PS: just got an email, no callback on my Mammo this year. Yipee!