Daily Check-in January 16, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in January 16, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:53 am

Good morning. We have freezing drizzle and fog..I am still snowed in with more rain, freezing rain, and snow heading my way. So what else is new? lol. I did make it to my mail box yesterday walking between the pine trees on my property and my neighbors fence.. It was not bad but when I had to walk on the driveway that was another thing. However I managed ok and did take my cell phone in case I fell down. The driveway is impassable the actual road is clear. I spoke to my aide and hopefully tomorrow she can run errands for me and I will meet her at the end of my driveway on the road to get the few things I need..It will sort of be like any other day she runs errands except she will not be able to drive up the driveway.

Keeping those in need in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a good and frugal day everyone. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in January 16, 2019

Post by mbrudnic » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:42 am

Good Morning,

Thankfully i is a work form home day. We have freezing rain around according to the news. I can hear neighbors scraping their cars.

No excitement going on here. I have a couple of conference calls and some reading to do.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:57 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Second round of tests coming up. I wonder how these will go. I am pretty sure the mammogram will be a snap. But by the time I reach the last test I am going to be a grouchy bear. Only had a couple of hours sleep and I am not a nice person when sleep deprived.

All results should be able vailable to my doctor by the end of the week I hope so I should able to find out what is happening and what if anything needs to be done.

Talk to you all later.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:58 am

Hello all,

Parent teacher conferences today, so super long day for me! On prep hour I have to go buy ingredients for a salad for potluck tonight.

Monday dd5 became very ill; dh got her from daycare & took her to Dr, diagnosis is strep. ☹️ I stayed home with her yesterday but will teach today. Ds14 is getting sick too.

Snow was falling all day yesterday, dry powdery fluffy bits, about an inch by last night with more to come over next 3-4 days. Good. 😊 I want snow!!

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:52 am

Good morning ..
In the 30s here ... we're supposed to have some freezing drizzle here, but looks dry at the moment. Another storm supposed to hit in tonight.

Think it will be a puttering day again. Did get the laundry and dish pile knocked down some, but it needs another whack.

Libby, thanks for solving the mystery of the Walmart totes :lol: I didn't think they could afford to give out tote bags to every customer, but hey, you never know.

Jackie, hope the tests go smoothly and you can get some sleep ...

Gayle, hope DD and DS feel better soon. (and my dear, I'm sure Janet would love to send you some of her snow. You could even have some of mine, ;) LOL!)

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:06 am

Good morning all.

It is quite chilly here but sunny and clear.

Janet, I worry about you being snowed in. I wonder if the company that provides your aide has some sort of inexpensive service for driveway clearing.

Jackie, I hope that your tests go well. I’d say have a glass of wine when you are done but I imagine you and DH will want to get on the road to drive home.

Gayle, I hope that your children get well soon. (I meant to comment the other day that you should give yourself a big pat on the back for being so valuable to your school system that they call you all the time. Sounds to me like you are a born teacher.)

Today I plan to mostly stay home but will do a few errands. I want a few sale items from Publix and today is the last day. Also I may run into CVS. Probably five miles tops. I’m still watching my mileage.

Yesterday I did about an hour of work in mom’s yard after the lawn mower guy picked up the mower. I hope that he can get it working right.

Not much else.

Have a good day.