Daily Check-in January 16, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in January 16, 2019

Post by floridacatlover » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Hello again.

Penny, I’m glad that your surgery went so well and that you don’t have much pain.

Janet, I’m glad that you have everything you need (except for your BP meds) for you and Teddi. I’ll still be glad when your driveway is clear.

LittleMiss, I’m sorry about the blockage but so glad that your doctor discovered it. (((Hugs)))

Bev, that’s great that you’ve turned a corner and are feeling better.

I’ve had a quiet day. Ran to the bank, Publix and CVS but I’ve been home most of the day. I felt such a chill and could not get warm so I turned on the heat - and put on my cozy clothes.

I read that Jack Bogle died at age 89. He is the founder of Vanguard mutual funds. He was a very honest man who put his investors first and I would not be retired as comfortably without his help. Sad.

I, too, think the shutdown has gone on way too long and think it is terrible asking so many people to work without pay - TSA, air traffic controllers and even the Coast Guard. A man I admire, Chef Jose Andres, is providing meals for furloughed workers in need. He did the same in Puerto Rico, Florida and California and also the Texas border. His book is next on my reading list if I can get it from the library.

jckitty

Re: Daily Check-in January 16, 2019

Post by jckitty » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:36 pm

Good evening all,

Glad everyone is doing better/okay health wise. On crappy weather days like this its easy to stay in, fret and worry but on nice days you can get out and walk away some of the concerns/worries.

I am whipped! The sunroom project is about 3/4 done, and I am truly exhausted, used muscles I had forgotten about. Found them....

Supper at dads tonight was sandwiches from town, used a boatload of coupons so was cheaper.
Don't know if tomorrow is a work day in the sunroom or not as son in law has an appointment in middle of the day, I told him not to worry about it because it gives me time to clean and rest. I feel like such a wimp, "back in the day...." this would have been nothing , now it wears me out LOL

Off to read and catch up and then to bed early.
JCKitty