Daily Check In January 17, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check In January 17, 2019

Post by rinty » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Glad you are home safe and sound , Jackie and hope you get the answers you need. I do hope you are still able to take to take a Greek holiday. (((hugs)))

FCL, ooh yes, come back to England, we can do Bath Christmas market ;)

No spend day again. Dinner is lamb steaks, home grown potatoes and cabbage ( yay, allotment )

Oh my gosh CG, I did not realise you could end up missing your cruise with this shutdown ? Outrageous. Of course, more outrageous that people aren't being paid, politiicans in this day and age are beyond belief.

I am sat here in my dressing gown at 5pm. Just tired and a bit drained. One DD still ill so helping there. But house is clean and tidy, " stuff" all done, DH processed the PRODUCE from the allotment so frankly, why not ? I've binged watched UK pilitics for the last couple of days and I'm done. Early night with some no brainer book...........

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:29 pm

I’m at mom’s house and received a voicemail from the lawnmower place. They say it is working well! It needed a belt and they did the service which includes oil change and blade sharpening and I’m not sure what else. They said they’d next call with the total and deliver it back to me tomorrow. Transport is $25 and service is $40 and then the cost of the belt which I don’t think will be that much. So if I can get this all done for $100 or less I’ll be thrilled!

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:33 pm

rinty wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:03 pm
Glad you are home safe and sound , Jackie and hope you get the answers you need. I do hope you are still able to take to take a Greek holiday. (((hugs)))

FCL, ooh yes, come back to England, we can do Bath Christmas market ;)

No spend day again. Dinner is lamb steaks, home grown potatoes and cabbage ( yay, allotment )

Oh my gosh CG, I did not realise you could end up missing your cruise with this shutdown ? Outrageous. Of course, more outrageous that people aren't being paid, politiicans in this day and age are beyond belief.

I am sat here in my dressing gown at 5pm. Just tired and a bit drained. One DD still ill so helping there. But house is clean and tidy, " stuff" all done, DH processed the PRODUCE from the allotment so frankly, why not ? I've binged watched UK pilitics for the last couple of days and I'm done. Early night with some no brainer book...........
Rinty, Bath Christmas market sounds nice. I love Bath!

I know this is not your preference but I’m now thinking there will be a “ soft Brexit” in order to get Labour votes. They seem to be saying that a “no-deal” Brexit is off the table. Both of our countries are a mess.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:42 pm

My car has been freed from the snow..yippee!! It was a little bit rough at first but then finally got it to move. Now all snug in the garage and will stay there until the Spring thaw or tomorrow lol.. Teddi has a grooming appointment at 1:00 PM unless the rain starts to freeze..

My driveway, where the sun can hit it, is starting to melt. Going to be a while where the large pine trees shade the driveway but hopefully by late afternoon it will be ok. I was able to walk in the area of the driveway where there is melting going on to the end of my driveway. What a mess!! The snow plow has not only plowed the road it has drug dirt and gravel from heaven only knows where and had built a 4 to 5 inch deep barricade to my driveway.. Plus the 4 to 5 inches of snow on top of that.Someone with big tires pulled in my driveway or backed in and got stuck so they have torn up the gravel and made deep ruts..gggrrr. I shoveled a lot of the snow and some of the gravel.. Will have to go out much later to do more so that hopefully my aide will be able to drive in to my driveway tomorrow.. I can only do about 10 min of work at a time but if I can level it off a little bit at a time she should be able to drive in tomorrow. While at the end of my driveway I picked up my mail and my Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds catalog. I have been looking forward to if for weeks. So I can settle back with a cup of tea and read and dream of what I would like to plant come spring. Lunch will be vegetarian chili. I made it yesterday and divided it up into two bowls for the freezer and one for today.. Dinner will be ? most likely tomato soup and maybe a ketogenic English muffin with cheese and apple sauce. Good cold weather foods..

Teddi did have a nice clean warm sweater on when we went out but he was a soggy mess when we came back in. I dried him off and put another clean sweater on him.. So glad I bought some more baby clothes for him a while back.. Right now all is right in my world.. Janet Alliesmama
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 pm

floridacatlover wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:29 pm
I’m at mom’s house and received a voicemail from the lawnmower place. They say it is working well! It needed a belt and they did the service which includes oil change and blade sharpening and I’m not sure what else. They said they’d next call with the total and deliver it back to me tomorrow. Transport is $25 and service is $40 and then the cost of the belt which I don’t think will be that much. So if I can get this all done for $100 or less I’ll be thrilled!
Florida Cat that is great news.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:44 pm

floridacatlover wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:33 pm
Rinty, Bath Christmas market sounds nice. I love Bath!

I know this is not your preference but I’m now thinking there will be a “ soft Brexit” in order to get Labour votes. They seem to be saying that a “no-deal” Brexit is off the table. Both of our countries are a mess.
Rinty I know it is so sad what is going on here and in your country.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama