Daily Check In January 17, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In January 17, 2019

Post by jckitty » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:00 pm

Good afternoon all,
Jackie, I hope you get some answers soon. The waiting is awful, I agree on the big medical machinery...I had an MRI in Sept....never had anything like it before and it was weird. It felt invasive and it really never even touched me. Just being enclosed like that, yuck

Because of this dadburned government shutdown my telephone is blowing up with robocalls, I am soooooo over it.

Have been very busy today, no work in sunroom, made a list and went to town, the roads were terrible but I just took my time and now all of the errands are done until I get the call to pick up scripts for dad. I may have brother do it since he spends his days running around town.

I have been seeing snowplows go down the road since I got home. This weekend is supposed to be sucky so really don't want to have to go anywhere but dads for cooking.

Most of the housework has been done, need to complete the floors and then a nap this afternoon as I did not sleep last night.
Off to get stuff done,
JCKitty

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:54 pm

ChristmasTrees wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:38 am
Jackie, What did I miss? They couldn't complete your tests?
I so agree with you that the not knowing is the worst.
The one test could not be done. I needed to sign papers and be put another list. Seems that this problem (suspicious cells) is pretty rampet this year. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I get in sooner rather then later.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:00 pm

Update

Home from shopping. The roads were very icy this morning, I probably should have waited a bit before venturing out. I just wanted it done.

Now I get to hand quilt and chill for the rest of the day.

Talk to you all again later.

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:06 pm

Hiya folks,

Just a heads up to let you know we have had lots of rain and storming and is predicted to evolve into a blockbuster storm headed east. They are anticipating 40 inches of snow and arctic blast will freeze 200 million. More here: read:https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topst ... er?ocid=sp

Still dealing with the crud but getting better by the day. I have been able to do a little cooking and housework but this place is still a mess. I am glad I was able to get all the Christmas decorations put away before the storms came in.

I did some spending yesterday on pet food. I try to get the best I can find hoping that will save trips to the vet. Buddy yacked on the bed so all the bedding is in the wash. I have clothes and dishes to sort and put away. If it doesn't get done....we know where to look if we need something. I have never been interested in homemaking, probably due to my long career. I am forcing myself to do more cooking from scratch to eat healthier. It's a challenge but I am doing it. Hopefully I will save money in the process. It seems like everything is higher each time I go to the store. Speaking of going to the store you'll be sure to get what you need and be prepared to hunker down.

Bev

Happychoice

Post by Happychoice » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:11 pm

Hi frugals..... Thursday already!??! Where has this wk gone?

Penny, it is good to hear you are doing well after surgery. Jackie, try not to worry. I know it is the unknown that is unsettling. But the worry causes unwanted and uneeded stress. My health scare, without going into a lot of detail, involved a breast biopsy done very quickly after a mamo near Dec. 1st. The whole thing from start to completion was 3 wks and I was concerned prior to hearing results. I kept telling myself it would be okay, going with what my gut instinct kept telling me and the end result was okay. You always express gratitude and optimism; draw on those values and you will get through this. :)

It's a frugal day again. Meals are using up leftovers; I found a package of turkey which is going into the honey garlic stir fry. Tomorrow will be the pre-blizzard stockup as the fridge is looking a little bare. There's no driving today as the streets are snow covered due to a light fall the past couple of hrs. I am walking to the library shortly to pick up a few items on hold. I am planning to rewatch Downton Abbey prior to the movie release this yr so season 1 DVDs are in the holds. Afterward I'm baking snickerdoodle muffins and maybe cookies. A little snack is needed for the hockey game this evening. The team is playing in Tampa tonite and Miami Sat nite. They left Toronto just in time before the storm arrives.

Janet, I'm thinking of you and Teddy. I'm happy to hear that all is well with you. Do you have someone to reach out to other than your carer if you need to?

Frugal on friends, stay safe and happy always.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:34 pm

BevMoore wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:06 pm
Hiya folks,

Just a heads up to let you know we have had lots of rain and storming and is predicted to evolve into a blockbuster storm headed east. They are anticipating 40 inches of snow and arctic blast will freeze 200 million. More here: read:https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topst ... er?ocid=sp

Still dealing with the crud but getting better by the day. I have been able to do a little cooking and housework but this place is still a mess. I am glad I was able to get all the Christmas decorations put away before the storms came in.

I did some spending yesterday on pet food. I try to get the best I can find hoping that will save trips to the vet. Buddy yacked on the bed so all the bedding is in the wash. I have clothes and dishes to sort and put away. If it doesn't get done....we know where to look if we need something. I have never been interested in homemaking, probably due to my long career. I am forcing myself to do more cooking from scratch to eat healthier. It's a challenge but I am doing it. Hopefully I will save money in the process. It seems like everything is higher each time I go to the store. Speaking of going to the store you'll be sure to get what you need and be prepared to hunker down.

Bev
Bev I think cooking from scratch and eating at home has helped improve my health as well as my budget.. Good luck with your efforts.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama