Daily Check In January 18. 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 18. 2019

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:47 am Jackie, when I had my Cricut, I never used their cardstock. I used when I had on hand, cardstock, scrapbooking paper, etc. Sometimes I had to adjust the deepness of the knife. I really did not play with it that much.
Thanks I really want to ply with this machine a bit more. So far I made the practice card and cut some fabric.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:15 pm Jackie, Penny , hope you are both feeling a bit better.

Grandbaby duty all weekend, poor DD back in hospital.

Seen that idiot 97 yr old Prince Philip is still driving himself on private roads ? I truly despise the Royal family, not a single rule of common sense applies to them. Thank goodness he didn't kill the baby, or the other two women in the other car..managed to break one of their wrists though. Hope he is prosecuted for dangerous driving.

No spend today but will be spending out over the weekend prob taking out DGK as his mummy is in hospital. Still not sure where to take him,most theme parks are shut for winter. Also prob going to buy some kiddy type cereal, full fat milk, that type of thing. Dinner was going to be liver and onions..........don't fancy getting the DGK to eat that :shock: Some form of eggs ????

Look after yourselves , guys x
Sorry to read that your DD is not well. I hope she gets out of the hospital very soon. I will say a prayer for her.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I finished hand quilting around the embroidered butterflies and started some more hand quilting in other blocks. Not the best job, but since I don't do this very often I am happy with how things are turning out.
Jackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:48 pm wonder how fast he was going. I saw pictures from the Daily Mail. I love that tabloid - :mrgreen: .

Looks like he didn't stop at the intersection and just plowed on through and hit the other smaller car. He would have probably just gone into the brush and trees if he hadn't been "stopped" by the little car. Does anyone travel with him. Is he allowed to drive around by himself?
Yesterday just after the accident they said another person was in his car but today I haven’t seen a word about a second person. I was watching Sky News (free on Roku) and they had several “Royal reporters” on who said he often drove alone even though he was supposed to have a “protection officer” with him.

I also read the Daily Mail, mostly for the coverage of “Kate,” and saw today that they’ve already delivered another LandRover to him. It is one he uses at Balmoral in Scotland. (Not cheap to transport the car from Scotland to Norfolk either.) Looks like he think he is going to drive again unless the Queen needs the car for her own use. He should not be driving.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:51 pm Yesterday just after the accident they said another person was in his car but today I haven’t seen a word about a second person. I was watching Sky News (free on Roku) and they had several “Royal reporters” on who said he often drove alone even though he was supposed to have a “protection officer” with him.

I also read the Daily Mail, mostly for the coverage of “Kate,” and saw today that they’ve already delivered another LandRover to him. It is one he uses at Balmoral in Scotland. (Not cheap to transport the car from Scotland to Norfolk either.) Looks like he think he is going to drive again unless the Queen needs the car for her own use. He should not be driving.
Im always amazed at what the daily mail will cover.

They have the story about the murder/suicide that happened in the San Antonio area. A mom shot her two daughters and then herself. The medical examiner ruled it a murder suicide but people are just sure that the boyfriend did it. He's a millionaire from a super small town south of us. Happens to be the wealthiest per capita county in the country. Anyway, her family and friends say that she was too pretty to kill herself. I thought - really? So only unattractive people do this? Now the sheriff is saying that it is still under investigation. It happened in the county. If it had happened in the city, our police chief would have had that case closed in days. There was a case of a child killing that the parents tried to frame as a kidnapping. The chief didn't fall for that nonsense. The sheriff is an elected position.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Evening update:

The wall construction is complete but all that is left now is to apply the spackle/chinking looking stuff. I will then apply a light coating of a very light tannish glaze on the chinking because it is too stark white with out it.
It looks amazing, I love it.
I was all up into Victorian for years but have slowly gone more primitive , cleaner, less fussy look. I don't do the grungy look but I really like the more primitive.

anyhoo, I am exhausted, really hoping a hot soak in the tub will allow me to sleep tonight.
My weekend will be spent applying chinking and cleaning this pit I call home.
Cooking, baking bread and catching up on housework this 3 day weekend. And resting, lots of resting...napping is a great thing.

On this Prince Phillip thing, I thought I hear something about the royal family not having to have a license? did I hear that correctly? I love hearing about the royals but then I also don't live there, so it is a looking thru a peephole- vicarious thing for me.

JCKitty