Daily Check In January 18. 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 18. 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In January 18. 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning Jackie and everyone. We are expecting rain changing to snow later on tonight in to tomorrow. I had to use my car early evening to try to make a dent in the snow in my driveway for my aide to come today..There is one area that has more snow and it did not melt due to it being sheltered by tall pine trees. I have a bigger heavier car than she does so I will have to walk out to the area where there has been some melt off.. I have errands to run today. I would be ok if I could not get out but I want to stay fully stocked up since we have more snow next week. Hopefully by the time we come home it will have melted down more.

Have a good and frugal day. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Jackie, hope you got good sleep and you are feeling calmer.

I have been up way too early ...again. maybe I can catch up on sleep this snowy, stormy weekend. Insomnia stinks.

Waiting on my son in law -worker. We hope to finish the "project" today, except for hanging the TV. I sure hope so, construction mess drives me nuts. Maybe that's why I procrastinate so much. :?

Spaghetti and sauce for supper tonight, need to make bread this weekend. Using oven=residual heat.

Laundry will also wait until tomorrow, I will rack and hang around the wood stove.
Off to prepare for construction.....
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It looks as if most of us decided to have a bit of a sleep in today. I am using the excuse that it is cold out and I am catching up on my lack of sleep the night we spent in the city. Which since through stress and the fact I was in a strange bed was only a couple of hours, I probably really need the extra sleeping.

Today is going to be a stay at home day, thus should be a no spend one as well (unless I order some items for my Cricut and as there is a pretty darn good sale going on...…). I could hold out until tomorrow.

It is the coldest day so far this year at -22 C with wind chill bringing it down to feel like -30 C. Winter just may have been a bit late arriving this year. Being that cold it is the perfect day to stay in, make the house cozy, and drink lots of hot chocolate (spiked with something, going to try some Bailey's in a cup this evening, thanks for the idea Littlemiss).

I have a goal list that is almost as long as my arm, and a few extra cleaning chores left on that list and I hope to accomplish some of those today (or in the case of the goals get a bit closer to getting more done). I also need to get walking on the treadmill once again, but since this was a pill and wait for coffee day, that is going to be a late one.

For anyone that has a Cricut I have a question. Can you use any cardstock in it, or do you need to purchase it from their store? Or can I use scrapbooking paper in it as well? Really the site and the manual do not give much info.

Frugally, we will be using things up again today. I am slowly (very slowly) getting the cleaning supplies in some sort of order. Still lots to use up over the course of the next month or two. While I would love to cut some out completely with our hard water vinegar and baking soda don't always do a great job.

Meals will be made here at home using what is on hand. I picked up fruit and dairy yesterday so we are well supplied. I do need to bake bread though and plan on getting that started shortly.

I also need to make some labels for Hubby's red wine and will get that done at some point today as well. He has run low on things to do and I am pretty sure will be getting into mischief very soon as he usually does when this happens.

Supper tonight was going to be trout fillets, but instead it will be some yellow fin tuna (never had this before and it was on sale, so thought I would give it a try) along with brown rice and a salad.

Today I am grateful for social media, even though it drives me crazy at times. It is a wonderful way to keep in touch with far flung family members.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

jckitty wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:52 am Good morning all,

Jackie, hope you got good sleep and you are feeling calmer.

I have been up way too early ...again. maybe I can catch up on sleep this snowy, stormy weekend. Insomnia stinks.

Waiting on my son in law -worker. We hope to finish the "project" today, except for hanging the TV. I sure hope so, construction mess drives me nuts. Maybe that's why I procrastinate so much. :?

Spaghetti and sauce for supper tonight, need to make bread this weekend. Using oven=residual heat.

Laundry will also wait until tomorrow, I will rack and hang around the wood stove.
Off to prepare for construction.....
JCKitty
JCKitty, I slept wonderfully, and am well as calm as I can possibly be (for me that is). Taking each day as it comes, and trying not to stress over things I can not control. Going to try leaving them in the Big Man's hands for the next little while. :D
Jackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Jackie, I’m glad you got a good rest.

Kitty, what are you having done to your sunroom?

Janet, I’m glad that you were able to move your car and will do errands with your aide.

I’m at mom’s house. Lawnmower guy called about 45 minutes ago and said he’d deliver the mower in an hour. I wanted to be here and do not like to broadcast to service people the fact that I don’t live here. Total is $117 so not under $100 but I’ll take it. Cheaper than buying a new mower and I’m comfortable with this one. I will be sure to check the oil regularly, won’t make that mistake again.

I brought a salad for lunch here. May do a bit of yard work before I go home. I need to stay at least until they pick up the trash so I can put the can in the garage.

More later. Typing on my phone is slow.