Daily Check In January 18. 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In January 18. 2019

Post by clemencia2us » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:45 pm

well I was going to the movies, but have not heard from crazy MIL. I sent a text 45 minutes prior to the start - no reply. 25 minutes prior - I said I was getting back into my pajamas. No reply.

They are flaky, so almost expected.

That will be the end of my adventures with them.

I am kind of a punctual person. I also answer texts right away. The people in my usual circle do also. Not used to this weird no responses to them.

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:59 pm

97 and driving...

I'm 53 and if someone told me I could have a driver whenever I needed one, no charge, I'd be on that in a heartbeat. Yes, please!

DH just said DD could do it. Well sure, but any time anything happens she screams and covers her eyes!

Safer just to drive myself.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:25 pm

SandiSAHM wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:59 pm
97 and driving...

I'm 53 and if someone told me I could have a driver whenever I needed one, no charge, I'd be on that in a heartbeat. Yes, please!

DH just said DD could do it. Well sure, but any time anything happens she screams and covers her eyes!

Safer just to drive myself.
I do have a driver...my aide. She really is not the best and the one before her was horrible. She went through red lights and stops signs.. I still enjoy going for long rides by myself with Teddi. However it is nice to be dropped off at the front door sometimes. Although I prefer walking from the car to the store sometimes there are no nearby parking areas. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:09 am

update:

Can't sleep so thought I would update everyone on something that happened to me today. I had placed an on-line order with Walmart for a package of Hanes panties that I wanted. Since it was only a small item, instead of having it shipped to the house and paying postage on an item that was $10.00 I had it shipped to the store near me.

I went into the store and walked all the way to the back where I normally had picked up orders in the past and there was no one at the desk back there. A young man was working in the area and I asked him where everyone was, he said he didn't know. I said, well apparently this isn't where I am suppose to pick up an order and he said I have no idea of where it's moved to, but it's not here and I don't know where you go. I then walked to the electronics department which was nearby. They told me that it had moved to the front of the store and I would be able to recognize it, because it was a huge orange cylinder shaped deal. Poor poor training, some employees knew and one definitely didn't.

I found it with ease and even tho their website said nothing about it, I then read the e-mail they had sent me on my phone and it explained the procedure. In the e-mail you have an order number, a bar code underneath it and you must place it under a scanner and it reads the number and your package is delivered to you. A very neat procedure, but how many more people is this going to put out of work? But maybe, we have caused it ourselves by not listening if we have a training class. Undoubtedly, Walmart had shared it with their employees.

I am so glad that I am not working in the public anymore, so so glad.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:48 am

My take on Prince Philip driving...…

Hubby's grandfather drove until he was 96 (passed away that year) and his father drove until he was 92 and too sick to drive any longer. Usually both just tooled (drove very slowly) along and people were aware of how old they were.

Not saying at 97 the prince should be driving on public roads, but perhaps in the confines of Sandringham or other palaces.