50th Birthday Party - Ideas Needed

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
GMPG54

Re: 50th Birthday Party - Ideas Needed

Post by GMPG54 »

Should be able to snag some Hersheys after Valentine's on the cheap:)
How about 50 memories in a hard to read from friends,co workers,family?
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

*** jar***
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

How about 50 Baseball cards? I looked on eBay and many are low priced.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Beef jerky (maybe slim Jims) or Kind bars .. pieces of gum, mints..
randamax wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:21 am Good morning, all!

I am in the process of planning a 50th birthday party for my wonderful hubby. It's still months away, but I'm working on ideas - never too soon to plan a party in my book!

One of the things I did for my sis a few years back when she turned 50 was to give her 50 of 50 different items. Such as 50 pennies, 50 paperclips, 50 flower bulbs...you get the idea. Well the gift was a HUGE hit! She loved it and everyone had a fun time watching as she discovered what all was in the box.

I'd like to repeat that for hubby, but men are much more difficult to buy for. For my sis, I could include items for craft projects or things for her classroom - which made it a cinch to come up with ideas. For hubby, not so much. There are some things that will work for either men or women, such as the pennies and paperclips, so I've already included those on my list. DH works in a school office, so there are some things I can do with that in mind, and some things that relate to his two main hobbies which are drumming and baseball.

So...I'm asking for your creative ideas. What can I include in a 50/50 gift? I'm open to just about anything. Even if you think it sounds weird, it could be something that would be perfect!

Ready? Fire away!!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Thought of you today, Randamax. In the lobby of my fitness center today they were having a baseball card show.
randamax

Post by randamax »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:22 pm Thought of you today, Randamax. In the lobby of my fitness center today they were having a baseball card show.
Oh how fun! DH and I both would have enjoyed that. Thanks for thinking of me.