Daily Check in January 19, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check in January 19, 2019

Post by icfrugal1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:38 pm

good afternoon,

The big news that Goldie was "fixed" yesterday. Big yeah. I had to take her to another vet because the vet that I am signed up with has "refused"to do it, they wanted to wait until she had her first heat!!! So they kept telling me that she was not mature enough physically to be fixed.

I of course did not want to wait, and i certainly didn't want to deal with a "heat"

The bummer is that I have signed up with them for $75.00 a month for a year, so money out of the window. Plus of course I had to pay the other vet.

But the good thing is that she is fixed !!!! Her stitches come out in about 10 days. Goldie is fine she is not happy with the collar.

DH told me today that he regrets having her fixed :o :shock:

I sure didn't want to deal with dogs trying to get to her or cleaning up after her.

IC

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:00 pm

littlemiss63 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:29 pm
Janet, I hope the idea of the stickers work out for you. I inherited my Mother's round white milk glass pedestal cake plate when she passed away and I just finished putting a row of the red felt hearts, with the rhinestones in them around the edge where I'm going to serve my cheesecake from and I think it's adorable.

I threw away the package count, but I think there were around 30 pink and red ones in the package for a $1.00 and you can't beat that for decorating. I put some on an apothecary jar in the living room, on my white lanterns in the den. and the glass utensil holder for the buffet table, $.25 per item. I've done this before for St. Patrick's Day and Christmas and they are easy to remove and toss after you no longer need them. It's possible I guess that you could save them and put on a piece of wax paper to reuse. I may try that with these cute felt rhinestone hearts, I think the glitter ones would be to flimsy to save. Will try that this year. The felt ones were of such good quality I don't know how they afford to sell them for a $1.00.

I found Mr. B a really cute Valentine Card there too for $.50.
Your ideas are inspiring me more and more. Despite living alone, in a rural area, and no visitors I still love to decorate for each season.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:03 pm

itspennyc wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:25 am
I have my shopping list printed. I need milk, produce, and bread, plus a few other things. I am getting tired of the food I do have that I can easily eat. Cooking isn’t the problem washing up afterwards is.

I can wash I just won’t be able to scrub anything. So cooking from scratch is out right now.

I did my shopping. I was able to get most of what I needed. All the perishables are put away. I do still have to put away the rest of groceries.

I bought a larger size blueberry container than I planned. They were out of the on sale container size. I also bought one frozen meal. I needed a change from my frozen meals.

Penny
Penny you always amaze me with the medical things you have had to deal with but you still keep going and taking care of yourself.. Sending healing thoughts and good luck for continued daily improvement.
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:09 pm

rinty wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:34 pm
Well, I'm in a foul mood here.

Frustrated for DD ( who uses private healthcare BTW) Second op needed and she will be in hospital all weekend at least. DGK very upset. I had suggested we take DGK somewhere and DH thought not........shame as he needed the distraction. I'll come up with something tomorrow.

Snuggling with DGK now, need to make dinner in a minute.

Prince Philip has been seen driving today (TODAY!!!) because he is a moron and his minions obs haven't got the guts to take his keys away. But you can ask me how I really feel about Royal Entitlement if you like.............

Brexit drug stockpilers causing problems...........for no reason.........mindless. One of the main drugs being stockpiled is fluoxetine ( Prozac ) Give me strength.

Brexit in all its forms. Not impressed with parliament trying to highjack democracy frankly.
Rinty sorry to hear about your DD. Will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.. How is your DH doing since he was injured? Take care. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:02 pm

Good afternoon,

Rinty, I will see your moron and raise you two. The orange cretin in the White House has no concept of humanity what so ever. His latest; "President Trump on Saturday offered Democrats three years of deportation protections for some immigrants in exchange for $5.7 billion in border wall funding, a proposal immediately rejected by Democrats and derided by conservatives as amnesty". He thinks we are all pawns in some big chess game. I am furious at this govt. shutdown and how it's affecting Federal employees. Fortunately the agency my SIL has backup funds for now so he is still working. But when that dries up I will likely need to chip in to help financially because that's what mamas do. I am also reading that furloughed workers are being forced to hit the local food banks for the first time ever.

I have a friend who is a devout Trump supporter who was also forced into bankruptcy when our Gov. Schwartzenegger furloughed state workers three Fridays a month. It was hard times for most state workers but of course these trump supporters see nothing wrong with sticking the same treatment to Federal Govt. employees. OK enough political ranting. I just had to get all of that off of my chest.

Good news is I am almost recovered. Good thing because I have a busy week and next weekend ahead. Most of it fun stuff but still requires my getting off of my be-hind and moving. But since I can feel a little cabin fever coming on it will be good to get out.

Bev

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:09 pm

More:
I don't trust doing real long posts so I prefer to break them up. That way if one disappears it is not such a big loss. Unlike some of you I have been getting some good sleep but I sure have had some weird dreams. Mostly involving former co-workers from my State career. Not bad, just weird. I should write a book.

I went through my up and coming budget for February and it looks like I will have a nice savings after all is said and done. Frugaling does pay off. I am trying to eat through everything we have and not do a lot of grocery shopping. I still want to continue my weekly deliver of veggies. But the good news is I can request a cancellation for the week if I have a surplus to use. I was going to get the small instead of the medium boxes but there is more variety in the medium boxes. Plus the one company charges a flat $5 delivery charge regardless of the size. So it's better to cancel a delivery if I need to.

I am continuing to look for other strategies and cuts so I can keep frugaling; like a boss.

Bev