Daily Check in January 19, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in January 19, 2019

Post by Jackielou » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:19 pm

rinty wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:34 pm
Well, I'm in a foul mood here.

Frustrated for DD ( who uses private healthcare BTW) Second op needed and she will be in hospital all weekend at least. DGK very upset. I had suggested we take DGK somewhere and DH thought not........shame as he needed the distraction. I'll come up with something tomorrow.

Snuggling with DGK now, need to make dinner in a minute.

Prince Philip has been seen driving today (TODAY!!!) because he is a moron and his minions obs haven't got the guts to take his keys away. But you can ask me how I really feel about Royal Entitlement if you like.............

Brexit drug stockpilers causing problems...........for no reason.........mindless. One of the main drugs being stockpiled is fluoxetine ( Prozac ) Give me strength.

Brexit in all its forms. Not impressed with parliament trying to highjack democracy frankly.
I hope this second op works and your DD gets out of the hospital very soon.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:27 pm

by alliesmama4 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:03 pm

itspennyc wrote: ↑Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:25 am
I have my shopping list printed. I need milk, produce, and bread, plus a few other things. I am getting tired of the food I do have that I can easily eat. Cooking isn’t the problem washing up afterwards is.

I can wash I just won’t be able to scrub anything. So cooking from scratch is out right now.

I did my shopping. I was able to get most of what I needed. All the perishables are put away. I do still have to put away the rest of groceries.

I bought a larger size blueberry container than I planned. They were out of the on sale container size. I also bought one frozen meal. I needed a change from my frozen meals.

Penny
Penny you always amaze me with the medical things you have had to deal with but you still keep going and taking care of yourself.. Sending healing thoughts and good luck for continued daily improvement.
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
As long as I am able to take care of myself I want to keep doing it. This is one of the things that keeps me going.

Penny

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:28 pm

Update

Well we are finally getting some snow. Sure hope it isn't a great deal as I need to travel to the Anglican church tomorrow at 4. I am taking part in the Prayer for Christian Unity program.

I did a bit of hand quilting and then decided it was time to get started cleaning up the sewing/craft room. If you don't hear from me I have been stuck somewhere in that room and can't get out. I have yarn and fabric all over the floor and will need to get back in there after supper, or I may wait a day so I can figure out where everything should go.

Off to get supper on the table.

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:28 pm

Jackie,
don't get lost in there...LOL
Back from supper at dads, for some reason the spaghetti sauce was extra good tonight.
It was sauce made in a big batch and then frozen for later use.

The snow has stopped but the wind is really howling, lots of drifting going on and have had to clean the decks several times.
Tomorrow I will start the color application on the chinking. I also have some minor painting to do.

The floors have been vacuumed and cleaned, they really needed it. I also did the hand wash, wasn't much but I always procrastinate.
I need to come up with some sort of dessert. Thinking peanut butter cookies....

Bev, I shouldn't have been surprised with the "orange dips" offer for the dreamers/wall funding but I have to admit... I couldn't believe he even said that. mind blown.
Tomorrow I will be roasting a chicken and making a very small amount of dressing, I already have plans for the carcass.
Off to read and catch up.
JCKitty

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:41 pm

JC if he gets his way about this stupid wall I honestly hope the Mexicans on the other side build stairways on their side. This whole idea about a wall is so asinine. And lawdy, that friend of mine, (and another friend,) the one who took the financial hit when CA state workers were furloughed, supports trumps govt. shutdown to get what he wants. Both of these people are not by any means well off financially yet support this bozo and the shenanigans he has pulled. And I'm sure that come tax time they will blow off any perceived tax refunds that won't happen, on some stupid thing. As for me I will be happy if I don't get hit with the tax bill I did in 2018.

Enough of that. I will be going with the one friend to a home show expo next week. I will just keep my trap shut and try to glean some ideas and motivation on sprucing up the house. I will also be going to a vegetarian fest with DD and we can do our cretin bashing then.

JC your cooking ventures make my mouth water. I should be doing some cookie baking also while the weather is still cold. We are forecast to get buckets of rain tomorrow....maybe a good baking day :)

Off to play some favorite FB games.

Bev

rinty

Post by rinty » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:10 am

BevMoore wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:02 pm
Good afternoon,

Rinty, I will see your moron and raise you two. The orange cretin in the White House has no concept of humanity what so ever. His latest; "President Trump on Saturday offered Democrats three years of deportation protections for some immigrants in exchange for $5.7 billion in border wall funding, a proposal immediately rejected by Democrats and derided by conservatives as amnesty". He thinks we are all pawns in some big chess game. I am furious at this govt. shutdown and how it's affecting Federal employees. Fortunately the agency my SIL has backup funds for now so he is still working. But when that dries up I will likely need to chip in to help financially because that's what mamas do. I am also reading that furloughed workers are being forced to hit the local food banks for the first time ever.

I have a friend who is a devout Trump supporter who was also forced into bankruptcy when our Gov. Schwartzenegger furloughed state workers three Fridays a month. It was hard times for most state workers but of course these trump supporters see nothing wrong with sticking the same treatment to Federal Govt. employees. OK enough political ranting. I just had to get all of that off of my chest.

Good news is I am almost recovered. Good thing because I have a busy week and next weekend ahead. Most of it fun stuff but still requires my getting off of my be-hind and moving. But since I can feel a little cabin fever coming on it will be good to get out.

Bev
Saw that on breaking news last night.............every time that man comes up with something you do a double take, yes ? " He said what ???? He's doing what ?????