Daily Check-in Sunday 01/20/ 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in Sunday 01/20/ 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I spent last evening curled up under a blanket. Our rain turned to snow and we got maybe 4 inches or so. As I crawled into bed, it occurred to me that it was colder than usual, and DGS5 had been flipping all of the light switched and played with the remote for my ceiling fan and was near my thermostat. Yep, it was 61 Deg F. He had switched it from heat to cool. Glad I found it before I fell asleep. Outside it is 10 Deg F now.

I'd like to make a pot of soup or chili. I may also make a stew or pot roast to take into work. There will only be 3 or 4 of us from the team. So I plan to make a trip to Aldi here shortly. It was actually easier to get to Church this morning than last weekend.

Have a great day
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It is chilly but not freezing. The sun is nice and bright

Was out and about all day yesterday, so will just stay in today.

Have some Schwan's biscuits in the oven.

Still in pajamas. Think I will join all the football fair weather fans out there and watch the games.

Have a great day all
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

Snow and ice in my part of the world this morning. Our temperature got down to 10º last night and it has warmed up to 25º so far. Church was canceled today. My driveway is a solid sheet of ice so I want be venturing out of this house today.

I think it's just a good day to go back to bed and watch TV. I hope everyone is warm and safe in your homes.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My daughter came over this morning, we visited and she changed my bed. I took a nap.

I took a pot roast meal out of the freezer, yesterday I heated it up for dinner. Very good. I cut the meat into chunks so I could eat it easily after my surgery.

I can eat with my left hand. I just can't cut.

Penny
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hey,
Getting ready to pop DGK in a bath then sort him out for bedtime. We brought DD home from hospital but its bedrest and she is signed off work for 2 weeks, hence the childcare continues. Loads of meds for DD , bless her, need to tuck her up warm, she'll be with us as well.

Very busy weekend all round, not very restful.

Stressed by everything I see re Brexit. SO ANGRY at the idea that tomorrow apparently parliament will table an amendment to basically bugger up Brexit. 600 MPs think they trump 17 million voters......how is that democracy? The BBC is very skewed anti Brexit, if you want an up to date HONEST Brexit comment google.............Micheal Gove speech to parliament for the non confidence vote in the gov last week. It was bloody brilliant.

Dinner was simple, I did take DGK out as he was fretting missing his mum.

Also annoyed my handset is useless, need a new phone. Stupid unexpected expense. Also more expense re DS . Payday this week. I have the DS expense tucked away...still haven't bothered with the legal stuff re DS..............its a moneyspinner for solicitors not in DS best interests.......

More Prince Philip stuff, they haven't contacted the people he injured. For crying out loud..........would it be too much effort to send a personal note, a HUGE bunch of flowers and an offer to help with anything caused by the accident ? PATHETIC. And the cretin was driving again without a seatbelt...........apparently he likes to nip out without his personal protection people..cos he wants to. :roll: THink of the cash saved if we got rid of the Royal family, all the tourists could have full access to all the royal palaces and they can bugger off to Balmoral.

DS and his carers often see the Royals in Windsor Great Park ( for that read, they get out of the way as they drive past )
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good afternoon,

Rain on and off today. I will read the paper and then watch TV. I love being lazy but I do slip in bits of housework. It's more bearable that way. Being retired means I don't have to cram it all in on the weekends.

Still no job listings. Tomorrow is MLK day but I do check through the end of the month. Oh well I will continue on my quests to save money in the event the jobs dry up completely. I am glad I took all the work I could. Made for some nice paychecks but I know it will end some day. I just wish it didn't have to be feast or famine.

Steak and baked potatoes for lunch. I need to pop the potatoes in the oven soon. I will see what else I can bake while the oven is on.

I do need to get back to my home made cooking course. Since I paid for it I want to get my money's worth. I also want to see if it continues to keep the inflammation at bay.

Bev