Daily Check in Jan 21, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in Jan 21, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:07 am Good Morning Everyone,

Almost all of our snow melted yesterday, but it's still beastly cold (for me) today. I have a 3:00 Dr. Appointment so have plenty of time to get my Monday to-do-list done.
Since yesterday was a stay-at-home day and I was bored, I did get the rest of my laundry finished, pillowcases ironed, and tablecloths placed on the dining room table and chest that I'm using for serving in the foyer.

Enjoyed some more of The Resident on Hulu and just watched the snow and ice melt outside. Got some not so good news from my Son, he had just gotten out of the hospital on Saturday, had to have a pacemaker put in. He hates hospitals and didn't want me to know he was in there until he was back home. I am not happy that he chose to not tell me, but I can't do anything about it. He has had heart issues for about 5 years, but this kind of surprised me. He works way to hard and doesn't take care of himself like he should.

This morning, I decided to just have greek yogurt with fresh frozen blueberries mixed in, to lazy to make a smoothie. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
LittleMiss I use to keep things from my Mom because she was a worrywart and she put too much stress on herself for things she could not do anything about.When I would bring her up to date she would get mad but at the same time it was less stressful for her and I felt it showed I cared about her not to put her through the stress. Janet Alliesmama.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning it is( 12 F) ( -11 C) with a wind chill of (-4 F) (-20 C). Going to stay in the 20's today. We had a couple of hours of light snow yesterday afternoon and it made things look so pretty again with the snow covering the bare patches that had melted off.

Today I am going to go through my freezer and see what needs to be used up. A lot of it is dibs and dabs saved from other meals and some packages of chicken. I need to get my freezer cleaned out by the 30th when my brother is sending me a box of food for my birthday. I will then try to come up with some menu ideas to use things up.
Have a good and frugal day..stay warm and safe. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:12 am Okay ladies, everyone has their opinion over what happened with the video's I know I have mine (and I am Catholic...living in a liberal country who is trying to figure out how Catholics are being attacked in my neighbouring country).

If you wish to speak on this topic perhaps starting a new political thread would be the way to go.
i am a liberal left Catholic. No attacks going on here.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal ones.it's 20 degrees F., windy and sunny in southern Tennessee. The ground is frozen and the dogs were very quck to relieve themselves and rush back in. They usually want to stay outside and play, but not this morning.

Those marching for MLK Day are going to have to really bundle up. At least it's not raining like it so often is here.

Like LWolfT, I did some sewing yesterday and made throw pillow covers for the den sofa and love seat. Used up some neat fabric bought at the Salvation Army a while back. It laundered well, so the pillows should be easy care.

I also did some flinging and reorganizing of the closet that holds the sewing stuff, luggage, quilts, and my off season clothes. I have way too many shirts and blouses and need a Kon Marie session closer to spring.

Need to order pet food from Chewy today, but that's about it for any spendind I know of.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Nice and sunny today. Kind of chilly.

I'm getting ready to sort my laundry. Glad it is not raining.

I slept okay.

Laundry will be my main task to take care of today.

I think i am turning into a stay at home scrooge. Had an opportunity to be out and about, but the thought of shopping does not appeal to me. I do shop online.

Went out and about on Saturday and kind of resented the money i spent. Not a lot, but still. :cry:

Oh well. Back to the usual grind. That i enjoy by the way.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good late morning all,

Slept well and slept in just a tiny bit. Felt wonderful to be able to sleep. I have my battery charger plugged in and DD car is plugged in, it wouldn't start this morning...she needs a new battery and that combined with the cold and winds... :(

She will get a new battery installed tomorrow on her lunch hour. No work today because of MLK day.

Very cold here -6 at 8:00 AM, sun is shining and that helps a bunch. Need to take dads dog to the groomer at 1:30 pick him up 2 hours later.
I will be giving my scottie dog a hair cut later this week. The groomer will clip him better later this winter. He does not ride in a vehicle very well.

Chili and jonny cakes for supper tonight, I need to go thru and sort the fridge but that will happen later this week, just want the TV mounted and some rest, relaxation for a day on two. I want to be alone in my house for a bit.
Tonight I will sleep with lotion and Vaseline on my hands along with cotton gloves, hands are very dry and my cuticles have a tendency to split.
Off to read and catch up.
JCKitty