Daily Check In January 24, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In January 24, 2019

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

A very windy and rainy day, but not complaining. For January, it could be far worse.

Went to see "A Dog's Way Home" yesterday. Strange to hear a story "told by" the dog. It wasn't bad, though it had it moments of sadness as well as fright.

My niece goes to court today over the voluntary return of a car due to losing her job and not being able to make the payments (payment was $400/month). Yes she got Florida unemployment $55 a week but she was also the parent of a 4-month old at the time and the baby was being treated for a heart issue. From our perspective, my sister's and mine, we can't see the judge ruling against her, at least that's what we're praying for, because every penny of her current income which is significantly less than the net $750 a week indicated on the form. Every penny of her monthly income is accounted for. There is no wiggle room for anything, no savings or 401K either. Everyone who is old enough knows "you can't get blood from a stone". We'll know later.

My house cleaning for the day is done so the rest of the day is all mine. I'll probably catch up with some TV using On Demand service. Will also play some computer games/puzzles.

Tonight I have scrambled eggs on the menu with a couple of slices of turkey bacon. I truly want to be 20-30 lbs lighter before I go to Florida at the end of the year.

Well, going to go for now. Have a great day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Chilly morning! But the sun is out. We got down to 33 degrees.

I slept okay. The boys got me up at 7. I'm having my coffee and contemplating what I will do today.

I've been tossing out papers I've been accumulating. Not a lot, but any I do not need is too much.

Hope all have a great day
NoisyPorkchop

Post by NoisyPorkchop »

Good morning,

It has been very touch and go here. My DSD26 is 7 1/2 months along in her pregnancy started feeling badly last Friday and went into the urgent care. Turns out she has come down with preeclampsia (not sure if that was spelled right) which is pregnancy related high blood pressure which is very serious. She was sent to the hospital and was admitted right away and has been monitored closely ever since. At first, on Friday evening, her blood pressure was so high the doctors and nurses were afraid she was going to have a seizure and need an emergency c-section but after getting I.V. magnesium in her (to stop any seizure) and getting blood pressure meds on board, her blood pressure dropped back into a normal range. It has *mostly* stayed normal but she still is having bouts of it creeping back up to unacceptable levels. The docs all say the baby is doing very well under the circumstances but they cannot keep letting her continue to her full term due to the ongoing blood pressure issues. The staff are hoping to push everything out to next week but will be forced to give DSD26 a c-section at about 42 weeks along. Her original due date was March 11th and she will be falling waaaay short of that. Ugh! So, Hubby and I have been out to see her daily. She is in good spirits for the most part, but has started fretting as she was expecting to work up until her due date and now is off from work much earlier than expected. She has been worried about money and paying her share of her bills. Her other half is still diligently working but they are a two-income family and we could tell things are getting tight. Hubby and I gifted her some cash yesterday to help tide her over until her disability through her work can kick in. Sheesh, we think she is learning that the best laid plans can blow up sometimes. But, overall, we are staying positive and keeping our fingers crossed Mom and baby are healthy.

I have been also trying to make plans for a garden this year but DH and I keep bumping heads. He wants some fancy greenhouse which I think is way more money than I want to spend (I am counting the return-on-investment factor) and I just want him to build me a simple 6x2 planter box I can start some veggies in. We just go back and forth on this subject and now we are quibbling on where to put the garden in the back yard. He wants to put it along a wooden fence that I am sure will not see enough sunlight during the day to be beneficial to the plants and I want to put it on the opposite side of the yard near the opposite fence that will get the maximum sunlight. He doesn't want it there because he thinks it will be "in the way" where we would drive through into the back yard. I am frustrated with all this as this subject shouldn't be that hard. He won't do anything like build me a planter box and is dragging his feet because I don't want to put the box where he thinks it should go. I am trying to keep everything cost effective and do not want to spend $2,000 on a bunch of greenhouse and stuff to try to save $100 a year in veggies :x . I want to start my garden plans but am stonewalled every time I bring up the subject. I love my husband but I want to bonk him on the head.

Well, I have to work my later shift today so I am going to get moving and get dinner prepped and do some shredding and filing this morning before I have to leave. Everyone take care :)
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Walk on treadmill completed, beans cooking in slow cooker, bread on third rise. I even did a bit of a cleanup in the sewing/craft room.

My to do list is mostly completed, so now is the time to try and burn some pictures to CD. Would be nice to get that goal off the list.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My computer is acting up.

So I don't know how often I will be able to be on the computer.

Penny
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ... nice sunny day, but still in the cold snap.

Big Boy woke me up early ... I put him out of the room and slept in.

The soup recipe I tried last night was a hit! Will probably try it again with chicken broth (used beef this time).

Otherwise, today will be another putter-about day. Have some chores to do, bills to pay (how did it get to be the end of the month so quickly?). Dinner will be leftovers ... think I'll save the next new recipe for the weekend.

Porkchop, crossing my fingers for your DSD and the baby. Perhaps some container gardening? You could put them wherever you want and avoid the debate.