Daily Check-in, March 11 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in, March 11 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:52 pm Janet, it is nice to have him in my life, but I am glad that I spent more time with him before making a decision to spend the rest of my life with him. He is wonderful, but so set in his ways and sometimes I think when he's kidding with me that he's really serious. We have never had an argument, but some of the thing that he says I could disagree with and he might not be happy about it. He is so neat and I'm a little bit messy and he seems to have little remarks that he likes to make about it. My car mats in the front seat weren't as clean as he thought they should be and he said "he didn't know if he could ride in a car that wasn't accumulate". I started to tell him to get out, and we'd go in his car and not burn up my gas, but I just laughed it off. My car is probably 75% cleaner than most people driving, but maybe he was trying to be cute. I've got a couple of friends that he should see how much stuff they have in their cars until you have to move things to get into the front seat, you sure can't get in the back.

He went with me to one of the renters to pick up her rent and he was appalled at how messy her house was. He said, he wouldn't be able to sleep at night if he knew something that he owned wasn't being kept cleaner than that. I told him you can't tell people how to keep house and that as long as she pays her $900.00 a month I am not the housekeeping police. He could never be a landlord that is for sure. She's got four kids and actually doesn't do such a bad job as a single mother.
I know some people can be very very controlling about things like that. My sister said one of her friends husbands who was in the military use to come home and put on white gloves and do an inspection. Yikes! Enjoy the times you do have with him but do not let him rule your life. Maybe it is good that you do not live too close so you can enjoy your down time alone without concerns to whether or not the house is up to his standards.That would drive me crazy.. My brother-in-law was like that and made his family miserable.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

delighted99 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:43 pm It's the afternoon and I am tired. I got enough sleep last night but I overworked myself today. Took the cat to the vet, attempted to gather leaves in the yard but the chore was just too much to finish in a day, went grocery shopping, read and played with DS, and just made some meatballs for tonight's dinner.

Making this one
https://tornadoughalli.com/slow-cooker-asian-meatballs/
delighted 99 Hope you do get some rest.. You did do a lot and deserve some down time..

Yum on the meatballs I booked marked them they sound like something I would enjoy.
Janet Alliesmama
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Thanks. I am actually considering making banana bread believe it or not. Sometimes once I get going I'm hard to stop! :D I did take a nice break this afternoon to read blogs. And I figure banana bread is the easier of the baking items to make...
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

delighted99 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:22 pm Thanks. I am actually considering making banana bread believe it or not. Sometimes once I get going I'm hard to stop! :D I did take a nice break this afternoon to read blogs. And I figure banana bread is the easier of the baking items to make...
Yum on the banana bread..
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good evening all,
Had a really good day, slept later than I intended because of the blasted time change but...tomorrow I am setting the alarm so I can get acclimated.

Did the regular chores, and brought in wood, not using much but I know the cold weather is not over.
Supper at dads is over, cleaned up, I paid his bills and then because it is still light out we picked up sticks and burned them in the fire ring after we got home. Only doing one section of the property at a time because I don't want to cause a lower back issue and I need to ease back into it. Feels good to at least part of it done.

Libby glad to hear you had a good time, I am with you on the ticky-tacky souvenir shops after 1 I'm done.

Clem, you will know when to cut the cord with the COD...hopefully you can part friends but if not you have to take care of you. When the ex and I split I never looked back, I think you will feel so much better about everything eventually.

Off to pen up the chickens and maybe have an adult beverage...a snifter of brandy.
Jackie, praying for you
JCKitty
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:50 pm I know some people can be very very controlling about things like that. My sister said one of her friends husbands who was in the military use to come home and put on white gloves and do an inspection. Yikes! Enjoy the times you do have with him but do not let him rule your life. Maybe it is good that you do not live too close so you can enjoy your down time alone without concerns to whether or not the house is up to his standards.That would drive me crazy.. My brother-in-law was like that and made his family miserable.
I am actually glad that we are as far apart as we are for I believe on a weekly basis his finicky ways might cause me to say something unpleasant. He wasn't like this when we first started seeing each other, maybe now he feels like he can be a little critical without running me off. That seems to happen the longer you are friends, people can get judgemental on you. I hated that I was in the middle of this little remodel job as my house didn't look up to my normal standards. I had to remove everything in the walk-in-closet/to be new utility room and it's stacked in my office until I have time to either give stuff away or find a new home for it. He did open the door to the office and roll his eyes, but I really didn't care. :lol: :lol: :lol: It is what it is.

He told me tonight, when he called that he wouldn't put up with someone not showing up and I just told him that I liked the guy, trusted him and it will get finished when it's finished. It would probably drive him nuts if he was here to look at it everyday. He lives in a very small town and knows half the people there and in a large city it's just not the same. If you find someone you trust and will show up occasionally, you have to take it with a grain of salt. If you can't do things yourself one has no other choice.

DH was so handy at everything until I've never had to deal with stuff like this until he passed away. I had heard people talk about how difficult it was to find anyone reliable, now I know exactly what they were talking about.