College Admissions Scandal

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
delighted99

Re: College Admissions Scandal

Post by delighted99 »

Ah, thank you for the correction.

There really is a set of people that want to live by appearances in this world!
ohjodi wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:26 pm These were bribes to college testing centers and college coaches, to falsify test scores and list students as athletic recruits (even though they do not play sports) in order to present that to admissions officials for acceptance. So far it doesn't say if the actual admissions officials were involved.

Apparently the kids may not have been aware of the bribing. They might have been aware of the falsifying. The student would take an SAT test, which was then not scored or admitted, while someone else took the real test under their name and got a good score.

Nobody is actually surprised that some wealthy people do this.

My thought is that if your kid can't get into Harvard on their own, they're not going to be able to handle the work after you've bribed their way in. You're either going to have to try and keep bribing, or you kid will flunk out of Harvard............WHICH IS WORSE than not getting in, in the first place.

And if you're willing to spend $250k on a kid who can't get to Harvard, I have a hunch that kid doesn't need a degree of any kind, because you'll let them live off you the rest of their lives, anyway.

The parents did this for their own egos.

I'm sad that it was Huffman, and possibly her husband William H Macy. I really like them.

If anyone has seen his great show "Shameless"..............this is what Frank (Macy) would do if he had a lot of money, LOL
clemencia2us

Re: College Admissions Scandal

Post by clemencia2us »

Hallmark Channel has cut ties with Laurie Loughlin.

What am i going to do. I loved Garage Sale Mysteries. :shock: