Daily Check-In, Wednesday, March 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check-In, Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone - or still morning here!

Just got back from groceries from called Superstore. I think it would more aptly be named "Mediocre Store" as it didn't have a lot of the specialty items I like to get there in stock!(Including fresh ginger which really is not that exotic). You have to pack your own groceries and the person behind me was very impatient and crowding my space even though I was going as fast as I could.

This afternoon I think I will go out to select a new pair of prescription eyeglasses. I procrastinated until after dh's pair of glasses and his orthotics were paid off in full. I just did that this morning and we'll have enough to get through until the end of this month. It's not that we don't have the money - just tied up a lot in investments that you're not allowed to withdraw from for the high interest rate. My glasses are trifocals, also get transition lenses and widely varying strengths in both eyes so about as expensive as you can get.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Creative
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check-In, Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Post by Mrscreative »

Update - not sure what happened earlier but I guess my post from this morning didn't upload. So I thought I would post it anyway.

I was happy with my optician appointment and was able to get new prescription eyeglasses at a lower price than two years previous. And I am very happy with the new frame - slightly different style and colour! Jackie I got it from the "special package frames" which are kept in a drawer. They are generally reserved for individuals who are receiving their eyeglasses for free since they are on social assistance. The frames only cost $70.00 and with my lenses (trifocals, transition lenses and widely varying eyes and lenses which had to be made thinner) the price came to $480.00 Canadian. I am very happy that my optician who has been the same person for years suggested them. I once went to Walmart but was very unhappy with my glasses - uncomfortable and not that flattering to the face. Not much less cost either and they ordered the wrong colour of transition lens. I'll never go back there! The only problem is that my optician may retire soon. But hopefully the rest of the staff there is as competent as she is.

Tomorrow we have heavy rain warnings and possible flooding due to the huge accumulation of snow. So it is highly unlikely that we'll get out cross country skiing with our seniors group tomorrow. Oldest dd from Denver told me she was working from home today as the university was closed. I wasn't surprised after seeing the white out conditions of the highways on the news tonight. I am grateful she is safe and sound in her own home.

The deer are starting to eat our Japanese Ewes in the front of our house so dh put some chicken wire fencing and garbage bags over them for protection. Our neighbour next door is an animal lover and puts out a lot of seeds, bread crusts and apples for the birds, squirrels and deer. But unfortunately the deer decimated our 25 year old cedars in the back yard and left a garbage bag full of deer poop we had to clean up in the spring. Dh put a barrier up before last winter so the deer can't get to our back yard. We love animals and nature too but honestly when you live in the city it's best not to feed them.

Have a wonderful evening all!
Creative