Reusable Plastic Bags

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Carleen

Re: Reusable Plastic Bags

Post by Carleen »

I have one of these, too!!! It has been (literally) around the world and holds all sorts of stuff for travel. Books, pocketbook, extra socks, etc.

I just throw it into the washing machine, dryer dry and it's good to go again!!! It's about a zillion years old!!! If it every croaks, I'll be certain to get another one.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have a bunch of Kroger polypro bags, made from recycled soda bottles, that are more than 20 years old now. They will safely hold two gallons of milk or four loaves of bread stood on end. The white lettering is wearing off them, but they are holding up great and machine wash just fine.
Mackie
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

I have a rag tag assortment of reusable plastic bags. I have one or two of the reusable plastic bags that are more durable (I think these are your 99 cent ones.. ) and then the rest were freebie cheap fabric ones.

I've tossed 'em in the washing machine on delicate cycle.

WHAT is the deal with the clerks overfilling the bags?! They do this even when I bring plenty of them. And I don't even bag my jug of milk..
randamax wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 am I admit it - I'm addicted to cool, reusable plastic bags. Not the ones that you purchase at the stores for 10 cents each, but the 99 cent bags they sell at places like Homegoods, Trader Joe's, and World Market (okay, those are a little more than 99 cents, but still...) I have a ton of them and use them for a number of things.

I always keep a bagful of bags in my car (so does my hubby) to use when I'm out and about. I went through them the other day and tossed out a lot. Mostly I tossed out the cheap fabric ones that you often get as giveaways. I'm not sure why, but I hate those things! I'm not fond of canvas bags either. When I was at Trader Joe's the other day, I bought a few new bags - they have their fun, spring bags out now! - and used them to replace the ones I keep in the car. I like these bags because they are actually the size of a grocery bag and the clerks don't overfill them. Some of the other bags are over-sized and the grocery clerks fill them so full I can barely lift them out of the car. I do keep a few of the over-sized bags in the car, too - including several new ones that have never been used. They've come in handy on many occasions. I've even used them as gift wrap in a pinch!

What do you guys use as grocery bags? Am I the only one addicted to these? How often do you wash your grocery bags? What other things do you use them for? Are you willing to pay the 99 cents for these kinds of bags or do you feel it isn't worth it?