Daily Check-in, March 14, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in, March 14, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:51 am Good morning fellow frugalites

Off and running. Just thought I would stop in so no one worries.

See you all later.
Jackie glad you checked in to let us know you are ok. We do worry.. I just wanted to let your know in case things get really busy for you that I am thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers for a good outcome for you tests.
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

The big news is I slept last night. I slept almost 6 hours straight, then another 3 hours or so. I was very surprised that it was after 7 when I woke up.

I am in much less pain today.

Yesterday, I decided to knit another Leprechaun, I do have a pattern for his pot of gold. Unfortunately it has been raided. He has been too busy partying.

I need to get caught up again with the dishes. This has been a rough week. But hopefully now that I got some rest I will be able get caught up. I won’t be pushing myself as that might be counter productive.

I called AT&T and set up the appointment for March 26, in the morning. I will save about $65 a month. I will be able to keep my phone. I was also told to call back next year before March 10 to see what deal there is then. My biggest saving is my TV package. I also will get 4 times faster internet. For the same money, it is the slowest package

Penny
Kindhearted1

Post by Kindhearted1 »

Good morning! It is a cold, rainy morning in Nebraska, and hubby and I are sill under the weather. He went to the doctor this morning and was prescribed an inhaler. This particuar virus, whatever it is, causes wheezing that is the worst that either one of us has ever experienced. For the second week in a row, we have had to cancel all activities. Today we wil keep working on eating up the two soups that I have made while we are sick. I may whip up some omelettes for supper, just to get some protein into our bodies. Since we are unable to get out, for the first time in my life I placed an order with the grovery store for delivery. So unlike me to do this, but it serves its purpose when necessary, Praying for sushine and warmth! Mary
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We had high winds and rain yesterday. Today no rain but the wind might be 20 to 30 mph with wind gusts up to 60 mph. The man who was to do temporary repairs on my roof from the last wind storm was able to get the repair shingles on yesterday morning before the rain and wind started.

Not much going on here. I have been eating some of my asparagus quiche for at least two meals a day and enjoying it a lot. I made gluten free Irish soda bread the other day. It is not as yummy after the first day but if you toast it instead of heating it it make nice toast. I decided to make up future batches of soda bread and put them in separate containers. I have 3 batches made. It was so easy to measure it all out ahead of time and to get the clutter and mess out of the way. I have three containers of flour ready to go. Since the recipe calls for buttermilk, and I use buttermilk powder, I just went ahead and put it in the flour mix and will only need to add water and an egg.

I have decided not to buy corned beef for Sunday. It cost too much for one person and it leaves a lot of leftovers to deal with. Not sure yet what I will make. I do have cabbage, onions and potatoes and that sounds good to me.. I am trying to not eat a lot of meat.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

made it to my doctor appointment

I told him about my sleeping issues and he prescribed a sleeping pill. I told him nothing too strong. I hate taking meds.

But i was reading up on insomnia and it can lead to so many things. My blah feelings and my short temper. People in real life can get on my nerves.

They also took blood to check thryoid and everything else. We shall see.

I hate feeling like this.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Example of nerve wracking person from this morning

She is constantly telling us how she doesn't have time to do anything at home. Every single conversation. She is retired. She does take part in church activities.

I suggested she do one small task a day. Don't clean out your whole closet at once since you already have a defeatist attitude toward that. But no - no time for even getting rid of one thing. She did say she had a pair of shoes she wanted to keep, but can't wear since they hurt too much. So why keep them? Makes no sense - does it?

She was a teacher, so i'm sure she would not want her students to say the words "I Can't". You can try.

Hey that is why i finally went to the doctor - :mrgreen: