Daily Check-in, March 14, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in, March 14, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

littlemiss63 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:33 pm Update:

My handyman showed up a few minutes ago, said that they had trouble finding my cabinets that are going over the washer/dryer. They did finally find them in the warehouse and I thought I had made it easy for him since we had to order on-line as they didn't have in stock. He did get another coat of mud on the places needed on the wall and says he will be back early in the morning to finish up. I am hoping that it happens, but I definitely want get the washer/dryer delivered before the first of next week if he finishes up tomorrow. I want the room completely finished before they hook up the washer/dryer. He got the color paint that I wanted so I'm definitely please about that. I didn't know if he'd need Kilz to cover up the gold paint, but he didn't think so. If it bleeds through the areas are so small that I could repaint myself.
I am so going to love the convenience of having it inside, I know that.

I haven't decided what I want for dinner yet, but it's going to be something comforting with this rain. I'm glad that I have stockpiled a little wood inside the garage for an evening fire. I am watching the series about Versace's death on Netflix and even if it's a little gory it's good. Ricky Martin, plays the part of Versace's partner and my goodness that man has aged well. I should finish it tonight.
LittleMiss,
I know that you will love your inside laundry room. I have the color Linen White through much of my house. It sounds like Tennessee has had record-setting rains since it seems you’ve been mentioning rainy days for at least a month. Send some of it down our way.

I don’t have a Netflix right now but when I resubscribe I want to watch the Versace series. A friend told me that she really enjoyed it. We remember the events well. Even though much of it happened in Miami Beach, it was a scary time when Cunanan was traveling around seemingly killing people at random. I’ve seen the guy who plays Cunanan, Darren Cris I believe, on several awards shows and he seems very humble.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:08 pm LittleMiss,
I know that you will love your inside laundry room. I have the color Linen White through much of my house. It sounds like Tennessee has had record-setting rains since it seems you’ve been mentioning rainy days for at least a month. Send some of it down our way.

I don’t have a Netflix right now but when I resubscribe I want to watch the Versace series. A friend told me that she really enjoyed it. We remember the events well. Even though much of it happened in Miami Beach, it was a scary time when Cunanan was traveling around seemingly killing people at random. I’ve seen the guy who plays Cunanan, Darren Cris I believe, on several awards shows and he seems very humble.
FloridaCat, I thought Darren Criss did an amazing job as Andrew Cunanan and it's also ironic of how much he actually looks like one photo I saw of Cunanan. I know they can do amazing things with make-up and this is an example. I am anxious to see the end. He was one mixed up young man, and he sure knew how to maneuver his way into the older gay men's lives. I think it's a very well done series and you will enjoy it.

I had to try out my ironing board today and yes, yes, yes, I am going to love the inside laundry room. My outside one is twice as big as the inside, but I can utilize it for storage and get some stuff out of my garage. I love the Linen White and I hated to change on him, but I knew after a few hours that the goldish color just wasn't going to do it for me. I would love for him to completely paint my bedroom because there are pieces of furniture that I can't move myself, but he's so slow until my patience is wearing thin. I am thinking that I will do the walls that I can do myself and then get him to come in and paint behind my dresser, headboard, chest of drawers and TV Armoire. I have already chosen my new drapes, comforter and pillows so can't wait to finish up with it completely. I love a comfy bedroom.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good afternoon everyone

Got everything done that needed doing today and have just been trying to meditate and lose some stress.

Tomorrow is not going to be a pleasant day, but I will get through it as best I can.

I managed to get another block hand quilted today and tonight I will work on the prayer shawl. Mindless tasks more or less which is what I need right now.

Shopping was a bit more than I had planned on but I needed new runners and one store had a really good sale on nighties. I picked up a lovely flannel one for $5.00. I couldn't make one for that price. Grabbed it up right away.

Using up leftovers for supper tonight along with a kale salad and we shall be filled right up.

Today I am grateful that my waiting is almost done.

Everybody have a great evening.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Don't get rid of your other laundry area LittleMiss

What if this one springs a leak or something? Two laundry areas would be awesome. Wish i had one in my garage also.
floridacatlover

Jackielou wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:12 pm Good afternoon everyone

Got everything done that needed doing today and have just been trying to meditate and lose some stress.

Tomorrow is not going to be a pleasant day, but I will get through it as best I can.

I managed to get another block hand quilted today and tonight I will work on the prayer shawl. Mindless tasks more or less which is what I need right now.

Shopping was a bit more than I had planned on but I needed new runners and one store had a really good sale on nighties. I picked up a lovely flannel one for $5.00. I couldn't make one for that price. Grabbed it up right away.

Using up leftovers for supper tonight along with a kale salad and we shall be filled right up.

Today I am grateful that my waiting is almost done.

Everybody have a great evening.
Good luck with everything, Jackie. You are in my prayers.
floridacatlover

littlemiss63 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:09 pm FloridaCat, I thought Darren Criss did an amazing job as Andrew Cunanan and it's also ironic of how much he actually looks like one photo I saw of Cunanan. I know they can do amazing things with make-up and this is an example. I am anxious to see the end. He was one mixed up young man, and he sure knew how to maneuver his way into the older gay men's lives. I think it's a very well done series and you will enjoy it.

I had to try out my ironing board today and yes, yes, yes, I am going to love the inside laundry room. My outside one is twice as big as the inside, but I can utilize it for storage and get some stuff out of my garage. I love the Linen White and I hated to change on him, but I knew after a few hours that the goldish color just wasn't going to do it for me. I would love for him to completely paint my bedroom because there are pieces of furniture that I can't move myself, but he's so slow until my patience is wearing thin. I am thinking that I will do the walls that I can do myself and then get him to come in and paint behind my dresser, headboard, chest of drawers and TV Armoire. I have already chosen my new drapes, comforter and pillows so can't wait to finish up with it completely. I love a comfy bedroom.
I think that one reason I’ve always hated ironing is that I’ve never had a decent ironing board - actually never wanted one! I still have a half-sized table ironing board that I think I’ve been toting around since college.

My mom’s big ironing board is still at her house but I’m going to give it away. I never liked it and really don’t have room to store it at my house.

It sounds like yours is the type that folds against the wall. Really convenient.

I’m not good at ironing at all.

As for painters, you’ll love this. There was a guy who did a lot of painting in mom’s neighborhood. It was his own full-time business. He didn’t live in the neighborhood but we passed by his house often on a main road. He had finished painting a neighbor’s house and was going to paint mom’s house on the outside. He had done painting for her in the past. She waited and waited and we’d see his car at his house but he wouldn’t answer the phone. Finally another neighbor knew the story. He was in jail for 30 days! Not anything “serious.” It was something about not paying child support or something like that. (I thought debtors prisons were in the past.) Finally he got out of jail and did paint mom’s house. He shrugged off the jail as if it was no big deal.