Okay, so we know there are chores to be done, but...

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: Okay, so we know there are chores to be done, but...

Post by colonialgirl »

Yeah Randa -
They are pretty. Every year at Easter I have this fantasy about making a huge display of them to have on stands in my bay window in the dining room. You know how many I have attempted - that's right none - haha.

I always say - I excel at planning - it is just the follow through that I suck at. Maybe someday ends up being my mantra.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

randamax wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:18 pm the volunteer projects i am working on.

What kind of volunteer projects do you work on? Being a new retiree, volunteering has crossed my mind several times, but I'm not sure if it's something I'm up for yet. Do you have a set volunteer schedule, or just sort of come and go at will? I've seen you mention your church; do you volunteer for other organizations as well?
Right now i am helping establishing a community garden. Gets me out into the fresh air and since it does involve physical labor - i get some exercise too.

Have come home a couple of times with sore muscles.
randamax

Post by randamax »

colonialgirl wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:31 pm Yeah Randa -
They are pretty. Every year at Easter I have this fantasy about making a huge display of them to have on stands in my bay window in the dining room. You know how many I have attempted - that's right none - haha.

I always say - I excel at planning - it is just the follow through that I suck at. Maybe someday ends up being my mantra.
I agree. Often my plans far exceed the end result, but I still keep planning. Someday I may just surprise myself! Hehehe.
randamax

Post by randamax »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:32 pm Right now i am helping establishing a community garden. Gets me out into the fresh air and since it does involve physical labor - i get some exercise too.

Have come home a couple of times with sore muscles.
Oh that sounds like a lot of fun! Lots of hard work, too, but fun work. We have a community garden that I would love to join, but there is a three year waiting list to get a plot. It's a bit better than it was, though. I used to be a four year wait! lol
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

colonialgirl wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Things I have never done but always wanted to do; surfing, wood carving, extensive travel, pysanky, rug hooking, pottery, tatting, etc, etc. Life is endlessly interesting - wish I could live 200 years with good health.
Make faux pysanky eggs. There are lots of ideas online. You can use wooden eggs so they last. One pretty and easy idea is to use modge podge to decoupage cut outs from pretty paper napkins onto the eggs.

https://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2013/03/ ... koffs.html
ohjodi
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Oh, I just found this.........use old silk ties,scarves, etc, and you boil the pattern right onto the eggs!

https://www.ferrellgas.com/tank-talk/bl ... aster-eggs
Also use Sharpies, fake tattoos, fingernail decals, washi tapes....etc.
Last edited by frugalaaron on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed referral code embedded in link
ohjodi