Daily Check In March 16, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In March 16, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good afternoon. We had a chilly start (28 F) (-2 C) but suppose to warm up to around 51. I am hoping we have turned the corner on the bitter cold and snow. However the weatherman did remind us that we had snow last year on Easter. We have flooding in the area and some roads will be under water by Thursday next week. Not a good way to start the Spring season. They said we will have more flooding once the snow begins to melt north of us.

I am puttering in the kitchen and that is about all except for folding three drying racks of dish towels and dish cloths that I washed last night. I made a nice loaf of gluten free Irish soda bread this morning. I had some leftover cooked apples so added some cinnamon to them and then threw them in he mix.. Yummy. I like the texture of the loaf better than when baked in the round. Dinner will be shrimp tacos made with a lime, tomatilla, and cilantro sauce. I am not sure where I bought the sauce but it from the Rick Bayless line of foods..I hope it will be as yummy as it sounds.

Have a good and frugal day.
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Sun, Sun, beautiful Sun!!! What a joy to wake up and see that big yellow ball in the sky. Temps aren't predicted to get any higher than low 50's, but no rain and that is blessing.

Randamax, I am going to have some fun today, no household chores and going to watch Kentucky and Tennessee play Basketball in the tournament on Sling. I got rid of my cable last year, but found a deal for Sling for 3 months at $15.00 a month. The ticket for today's game in the nose bleed section are $284.00 and near the floor $490.00-$484.00. I will cancel after the 3 months, but this was much cheaper than going to the game. Plus, last night watched Oregon and Arizona, which was a terrific game, as was Duke and North Carolina. I didn't realize that Bobby Hurley, who played at Duke was the coach now for Arizona. I don't watch many games in that region during the year because I'm watching my teams in the SEC. I loved to watch him play when he was a Duke.

FloridaCat, I've use the Premier version of Turbo Tax for years because of Rental Property and investments. Unlike DG's husband, I have always found it to be 100% accurate and to me it's like sitting in an accountants office answering their questions. You do have to answer the questions correctly to get correct end results. They wouldn't put out software that didn't have all the up-to-date tax law changes incorporated. I can't remember what year it was, but I was going to work on mine early and in the software, there was reminder that the latest tax updates were be in there by such and such a date. I love the convenience of e-filing and since I never get any back, being able to have what I owe deducted from my bank account. I should probably worry about someone stealing my social security #, but I don't. It's out there everywhere, credit apps, credit bureaus, bank accounts, doctors offices, you name it and we have to give it. If mine gets stolen, then I will have to deal with it.

Jackie, I agree with you. The waiting is as bad as the procedure. I am keeping you in my prayers and hoping that everything is going to turn out much better than you've imagined.

I saw where Aldi's was being discussed and I use to shop there some, but with now needing more low-sodium foods they just don't have them available so it's not worth the trip across town for me. I did love their chocolates and they also had a line of make-up one time that was really good. We are getting a new store, not far from where the old one was, so if I'm on that side of town I may venture in there again.

I hope everyone has a great week-end.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Jackie - so glad things are over. Stay down and take it easy - let hubs wait on you. Take good care of yourself.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:32 pm Good Afternoon Everyone,

FloridaCat, I've use the Premier version of Turbo Tax for years because of Rental Property and investments. Unlike DG's husband, I have always found it to be 100% accurate and to me it's like sitting in an accountants office answering their questions. You do have to answer the questions correctly to get correct end results. They wouldn't put out software that didn't have all the up-to-date tax law changes incorporated. I can't remember what year it was, but I was going to work on mine early and in the software, there was reminder that the latest tax updates were be in there by such and such a date. I love the convenience of e-filing and since I never get any back, being able to have what I owe deducted from my bank account. I should probably worry about someone stealing my social security #, but I don't. It's out there everywhere, credit apps, credit bureaus, bank accounts, doctors offices, you name it and we have to give it. If mine gets stolen, then I will have to deal with it.

I hope everyone has a great week-end.
I did have to upgrade to TT Premier because of the stock sales. Otherwise I would have been OK with Deluxe. It used to be that if you didn’t require hand holding, you could find the necessary schedules even using the Free or sometimes Deluxe. But those days are gone. Broke my heart to pay $79.99 because I think I could have gotten it cheaper early in the season. Live and learn. But it is done. Just have to mail a check because I didn’t want them debiting from my checking account. Old fashioned. I do also trust TT. One year after I retired I did some freelancing and TT found something I had totally missed in my “old fashioned” paper version. This year, however, my paper calculations were correct so I haven’t lost my tax brain.

I’m glad that you have Sling to watch the NCAA Tourney because I know you love it. We’ll see tomorrow if my Gators make it. They lost their game today.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Came up for air as I have just finished blitzing/binge watching Grace and Frankie....have to wait for the new season in 2020! I love the show and hate having to wait but it's time to get back on track reading and getting stuff done. :?

Jackie, I am so sorry you are in pain, still praying and hope this pain ends soon.
Beef and noodles, mashed potatoes, salad and slaw for supper tonight. Good but once again made too much.

DD had a cooking contest at work yesterday, she made my Americanized version of colcannon and won...gift cert to Applebee's, she took me to lunch there today....bleccck! Over priced and just so very average...at least I didn't have to cook tho.
I haven't much else going on, kind of nice, LOL
Sunny and cool today but weather reports are looking up.... the fiancé keeps saying we are in line to get one last bid snow, I hope he is so very wrong!
Off to read and catch up,
JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Just wanted to pop in to wish Jackie a very speedy recovery. I’m your procedure was so painful.

Feeling a bit under the weather and have a very stiff neck. I have decided the laundry can wait. Just going to take it easy.

Creative