Daily Check In March 17, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check In March 17, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Sunday morning all,

I slept all night and got up late. After the police cars and helicopter waking me up in the middle of the night, the previous night, I needed a good, uninterrupted night. And I hope I got it.

Yesterday, I got more leaves raked up and into the garden. The trashcans are full, so now the garden must take the rest. I had a lot of interruptions from visitors. Mostly, neighbors walking by and the normal chit-chat. But my handyman stopped by with his girlfriend, I guess. He was at a neighbor's house fixing something and wanted to know the status of the ordered lattice. I mentioned that I called him when it arrived and I never got a call back. He apologized and said he is having car problems again and focused on that. No problem. His lady friend loved my garden. He was showing off his recent work to her. I am glad he is proud of his effort. I said that we would have to put off the next project until I return in April. He has plenty of work, so no problem.

I proposed a Florida trip to my old dance partner for December. He is an atheist and Christmas is a difficult time for him. Negotiations went well. It will take him awhile to research some of the ideas, but in general, he was good with it. He wants to swim with the manatees. I am not sure that is allowed anymore. But I don't want to. They are gentle and all, but it is like walking with the cows to me. But it is special to those without them around.

A neighbor and wife(nursery lady) walked by in the evening. He said my trees look great......but this time of year (leaves falling), he was glad they were my trees and not his. We had a laugh over that. Everyone loves snowbird's repainted house with the new roof. I need to catch her and tell her. She is not out much. It is getting warm for the snowbirds and the allergies this year have been bad. But she is going to try to tough it out through April to avoid the northern snows. The robins (birds) are passing through, so they think spring is finally coming to the north.

Well, off to the store to get a few things and then back to the yard work. Have a good day everyone and those of you in discomfort, you are in my thoughts.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Still a little chilly here in south texas.

The sun is trying to come out.

The pack has been outside already. I slept okay. Had weird dreams

Not sure what i will do today. I surprised myself and mopped yesterday. I tell you this blahness feeling is a pain.

Maybe if the sun comes out i will plant the other tomatoes.

Have a great day
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good morning,

Spring has sprung here in the Sacramento valley, at least for now. The forecast is for the rains to return midweek so I have been taking advantage of the nice weather. I went to a wine release party with some friends yesterday; enjoyed some good wine and music. Today I am going to another wine release party with another friend. I know these parties are not good for my diabetes; fortunately they only occur about every 3 months. I need to cut a couple of places from my wine club membership since diabetes seems to be kicking my butt. This next Friday I will be going to my first diabetic eating class. I am getting opposing ideas from those who follow keto and those who are strictly whole food plant based. It will be nice to have the confusion cleared up.

My kitchen refrigerator is going out so I have ordered one this time with a bottom drawer freezer. I have to wait a couple of weeks for that so I am making do with the refrigerator in the garage. Once the refrigerator issues are taken care of I need to shop for a new washer and dryer. I hope I have more time for that. The ones I have are 20 years old and the washer is leaking so I need to do this soon.

After the appliance replacements are taking care of it will be time to turn my attention towards things that need to be done with the house. I have the plumber coming tomorrow to fix a leaky faucet in one of the bathrooms.

Well I'm off to get started. Have a good one!

Bev
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I am not Irish but will wear green today.

I’m listening to the birds outside now. Love that.

I had trouble getting to sleep last night which is very rare for me. I did not eat well yesterday (ate too much) and still feel it so I’ll eat very light today. Finally fell asleep around 1:30 so I did get a decent rest.

Just finished watching Kitty’s favorite Sunday program. So good. I’m going to try to make a point of watching each week. It is streamed on CBSN a half hour later than the show airs on regular TV. I’ve been following the show on Twitter and many weeks have been sorry that I didn’t make a point to catch the streamed version. Love Jane Pauley. Today the cardinals at the end made my day.

I really decluttered a lot from my laundry room/everything room yesterday and it looks SO much better. I’ll try to do at least some decluttering in my second bedroom today.

The penta on my patio looks bad. I was going to plant it in the ground at mom’s house but I planted another potted penta there instead. It is not doing well. So I think today I’ll just trash this penta and start fresh.

I’m happy that I finished my taxes.

I plan to stay home today and read/relax and watch TV later. Still not feeling great.

Have a good day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Happy St. Patrick's Day. I thought I was part Irish until I was in my mid 40's. We started to have family reunions then and the cousins who were doing our genealogy found out we immigrated from Scotland. Not only that we were actually originally French Huguenots that immigrate from France to Scotland due to religious prosecution due to being protestants. Anyway I am Irish today by declaration..lol.

I opted out of buying corned beef. It is expensive and really a lot of meat for one person to deal with. I am going to make a stir fry of cabbage and onions and I made gluten free Irish soda bread yesterday. I decided to use up the instant potatoes lurking in my emergency pantry. They are not as tasty as instant potatoes from the grocery store so went on line to see how to make them taste better. The recipe suggested adding chicken broth and sour cream Then I thought I would make it my main dish by turning it in to a loaded potato thing with cheese, sauteed onions, and crispy bacon crumbled up in it.

We are having somewhat good weather still chilly around (50 F) but nice enough for the St. Paddy's Day parade in St. Louis. In fact the next several days will be nice with milder spring type temps.

Have a good and frugal day.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

BevMoore wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:06 am Good morning,

Spring has sprung here in the Sacramento valley, at least for now. The forecast is for the rains to return midweek so I have been taking advantage of the nice weather. I went to a wine release party with some friends yesterday; enjoyed some good wine and music. Today I am going to another wine release party with another friend. I know these parties are not good for my diabetes; fortunately they only occur about every 3 months. I need to cut a couple of places from my wine club membership since diabetes seems to be kicking my butt. This next Friday I will be going to my first diabetic eating class. I am getting opposing ideas from those who follow keto and those who are strictly whole food plant based. It will be nice to have the confusion cleared up.

My kitchen refrigerator is going out so I have ordered one this time with a bottom drawer freezer. I have to wait a couple of weeks for that so I am making do with the refrigerator in the garage. Once the refrigerator issues are taken care of I need to shop for a new washer and dryer. I hope I have more time for that. The ones I have are 20 years old and the washer is leaking so I need to do this soon.

After the appliance replacements are taking care of it will be time to turn my attention towards things that need to be done with the house. I have the plumber coming tomorrow to fix a leaky faucet in one of the bathrooms.

Well I'm off to get started. Have a good one!

Bev
Bev I love my fridge with the freezer on the bottom.. I am on my second one. It really makes a difference if you have any kind of mobility or disability problems.

Would like to hear your update on the keto verses whole plant food diet thing especially since I am a diabetic also.
Janet Alliesmama