Daily check in March 18, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily check in March 18, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

I have a mess in mom’s garage. I thought I’d take down some curtains and wash them. I used mom’s washing machine a few times after mom died but haven’t used it in a year. I was wary because I knew the hose was old but started the machine anyway. Big mistake. Immediately water began pouring out of from under the machine. I stopped it and sopped some of it up with some old cotton bedspreads that mom kept to cover plants in cold weather. Scary how fast the water came out. Looking at the back of the machine the hoses still look OK so it might be something else. Not worth it to buy a new machine unless I decide to move in here. Thankfully water is only in the garage.

If I have the plumber here for something else I will have him look at the hoses. Might ask neighbor across the street what he thinks.

My machine at my house is old but I has the hoses replaced a few years ago. Scary though to think of the mess if this had been at my house.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

I have not been to the library in forever, I plan to go today after lunch, (they open at 1pm on Mondays) I have a pile of books to donate, I want them out of here :lol:

It may come to nothing but, I may have made a new friend today, I was walking BB and talked to a woman that I haven't seen before, we seem to have a lot in common, we shall see, we exchanged phone numbers so will try to do lunch. :)

IC
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Back from doing laundry.

It was a lot since i had winter blankets and comforters. They have huge machines for that.

There was a nice gentleman there that told me he hated doing laundry. I told him i found it relaxing. And strangely i do - even at a laundromat. It all gets done at once! You have to fold everything. Now it is already put away and i can relax.

It is nice and sunny and high 60s - perfect weather. Not too cold and not too warm.

Too bad it won't last forever.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The new belt for the treadmill arrived today. Hubby is busy installing it. I am hoping that I will be back using it very soon. Like tomorrow morning.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/