Daily Check in March 19, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
itspennyc

Re: Daily Check in March 19, 2019

Post by itspennyc » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:42 am

The party yesterday was fun even if dinner was 40 minutes late. They misestimated how long it took to make Shepards pie, which is actually cottage pie as they used beef. I didn’t fix anything I just bought a bottle of A&W Root Beer. I like root beer once in a while so that is why I chose Root Beer.

Today I am going with my friend who lives across the hall to Walmart, tomorrow I have a morning dentist appointment to get my crown. Thursday I will be home and Friday I have a morning Dr’s appointment her office is actually close to Sea World. So it will be an all morning deal. I will be home around noon or a bit later. Depends on how many others Comfort Care will be picking up and dropping off.

Then I will have no scheduled Medical appointments until May.

I have to gather the trash and garbage and put it out as it is Tuesday.

Penny

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:16 am

Maggie Glad that your son is ok and that you were able to come to the rescue to help him..

Jackie hope you feel better soon.

I agree there are people in my family that treat me like an idiot.. However in the medical field I had Drs calling and asking for me to give them input on things and some Drs would even request that I be the one to give the treatment over other available therapist that had more advanced degrees. Glad you were able to tell some people that you knew what you were talking about. Stand your ground!
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:29 am

Good frosty morning. It really was. When I went out to feed the birds this morning there was frost on the table on my deck.It was was 28 F but suppose to warm up to about 50 F by afternoon.

I have been puttering in the kitchen and also working on organizing. I think with one last push today the paper work will be sorted completely. I still plan on making files with my label maker and then putting things in various file cabinets around the house but that can wait. Next week I plan on working on some fun things. I am going to decoupage some paper machete eggs that I have had forever to make an Easter wreath. I tried using cloth and ribbons but just could not get them to look as pretty as those in magazines. I bought some pastel and one packet of printed napkins at Dollar Tree yesterday and will make homemade Modge Podge. I found several recipes on line how to make it. I am in the mood to do more fun things for a while instead of the daily hum drum household needs.

Have a fun and frugal day.
Janet Alliesmama

NoisyPorkchop

Post by NoisyPorkchop » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:10 am

Good morning,

I have a busy day ahead of me. DH had to work today, an extra day, and he isn't happy about it although I reminded him it is time and a half pay today and we could use the money. We promised DSD26 that we would tide them over a little cash since she has no income and basically got ousted her maternity leave pay through her work and her other half is working like crazy but it is still not enough to cover their bills. We told them we would give some a little cash to help out but basically they are going to have to do some radical changes in their life and make adjustments to keep themselves afloat. Apparently they did dumb things before they had the baby that sucks up their cash, namely, furniture payments, a bed payment, a car payment, oh and my favorite, a dog payment. Yes, they had gotten a dog on installment payments. Mushu is a cute dog and DSD26 is in love with her french bulldog and doesn't want to give him up. Oh boy, then they decided to have a baby. Life has blown up in her face as to how she "thought everything through and had a plan" and she is now in a kerfuffle as to how to find people to watch a preemie (no one) and try to get back to work with a schedule that is suitable for a family with a baby. Told DH last night I don't mind helping out this time but we cannot afford to become an ATM. Time will tell.

I am waiting for a GE repairman to come to the house this morning to look at the freezer on my *new* fridge. The lower rubber gasket kept popping off and we kept pushing it back on. DH pushed it on good so it doesn't pop off when you open the lower freezer door but now it seems like there must be an air leak around the gasket as I am now getting ice/frost buildup inside the front of the freezer door. The fridge is under warranty and I hope all this turns out to be is a simple adjustment. I am crossing my fingers.

I plan on running out to Home Depot as soon as the repairman is done here and get some yellow jacket refills and traps and some weed killer and a big jug of bug spray and start my Spring work on the yard. I notice some weeds already sprouting here and there and I want to nip them while they are young and also do a perimeter bug spray to stave off the early spring ant invasion I deal with every year. I notice it also helps with flea control and spiders too. I have a big bag of bark dust still in my garage and I am going to get DH to help put it in my garden cart and I am going to freshen my flower beds. So many things to do! And I am overdue for a haircut too but I think I will do that tomorrow. I have about two nice days of weather here and I want to take advantage of them while I can. Well, going to sweep some floors and do some light housecleaning while I wait for the repairman, everyone take care and frugal on ;)

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:29 am

Noisy Porkchop

Tell your daughter to expect some high vet bills also. Those pups tend to have skin problems, breathing problems, etc.

I have taken in 4 pedigreed dogs that people bought on impulse. They don't realized the time and money they have to keep shelling out. Two have passed away from old age. Two are still here and will probably cross the bridge in a couple of years.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:30 am

I have managed to plant more tomatoes this morning

The beds aren't perfect as in the past, but i just can't bring myself to be out there for hours.