Daily Check-In March 20, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Daily Check-In March 20, 2019

Post by Mrscreative » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:05 am

Good morning everyone- just to get us started!

Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check-In March 20, 2019

Post by Mrscreative » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:15 am

Hello again- today is my volunteer day at the school so I’ll need to get ready shortly. Just delaying a bit so Dh can sleep in. After volunteering, I’ll probably go to do a grocery shop of very basic essentials , leaving my cherry picking until the weekend.

It’s nice to see the snow melting even though I have quite enjoyed winter this year with my cross country skiing and snowshoeing. Just wonderful to no longer have those-30 degree C. temperatures though! No matter how much you like winter sports that is still too cold for me!

I think today is Day 15 of my declutter challenge. Saying goodbye to a trivet that slips around a bit when you put a hot pan or pot on top. Fine with a bowl but not really serviceable for me. Could make a nice flower pot stand but I’m not into indoor plants. Hopefully of use to someone else.

Have a great day everyone! Keep happy and well!

Creative

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:01 am

According to my dd’s today is First day of spring, so Happy Spring Everyone!!

Our snow is rapidly melting off, though there is still some piles right next to the house. Funny thing is, there are 2 snow storms predicted for the next two days; I don't think they are very moisture-heavy as I don't hurt from them... or maybe the storm pressure is blending in eithall my other aches& pains.

Subbing atHighSchool today for a French teacher. Yesterday’s subbing was disappointing, with all of “my” students. They were fairly badly behaved, so I kinda shamed them into being good enough so they could learn the math concepts.

Dh wants bacon cheddar casserole tonight, I’ll find some frozen veg to go with it.

Today I’m thankful that I was able to sleep pretty good last night. I need a month of those kind of nghts, then I mght feel caught up. 😉

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:14 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Yes, Creative, the weather is a wonderful change from the terrible winter temperatures. Looking at my temperature blanket it seems like things can only get better from what we had in February.

I did not have as great a sleep last night as the night before, seems that this inability to sleep properly comes in waves. At least it isn't full borne insomnia yet and I am keeping everything crossed that can be crossed that it stays that way. This morning the coffee is tasting especially good. Perhaps 2 cups before I do my morning treadmill routine.

Very short to do list today. I may just use the long handled brush and special cloth to give the kitchen, bathroom and dining room walls a bit of a wipe down. So happy that youngest DS told me about this as I can wipe down these walls in 1/4 of the time and use much less energy. I will have a less dusty and better smelling home after this long winter.

I may just spend a bit of time in the sewing room planning out my next quilt project. I do need to use up the scraps that I have already prepared and those that need preparing. Especially if at some point I get to move this desk unit into the room.

Then this afternoon I will sit and continue with the hand quilting. I am actually working on the slashing now. Still might not finish by the end of the month, but progress forward is still progress and after three years this is getting done!

Supper this evening will be something made with a bag of leftover frozen pork from the fridge freezer. I am thinking of our favorite, stir fry over rice. That way I get to use up some veggies from the bin as well. Lots, and lots of veggies!!

Today I am grateful for afghans to wrap up in on chilly mornings or evenings.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:19 am

Good morning all,

Today, I am going to go out and pick up a start for a passion vine offered by a member of the FB garden swap group. I have been wanting this vine for a while and free is nice. I will also drop by Lowe's and see what they have in their plant clearance rack. So free and discounted shopping today. Walmart market is on the way and we need eggs and bacon.

Yesterday, I went to the dentist. All is good, but my mouth was a bit sore from the cleaning. We had a second turkey breast in the crockpot because it was a cold and dreary day. The turkey was good, but I am done with turkey for awhile.There wasn't much leftover. I cut up the leftovers for sprinkling on lunch salad. The crockpot warms the house a bit. Tonight, we will have leftovers. Hubs will have chili and I will have the last of the black beans with soup. I am taking the pantry challenge and I can see the bottom of my freezer. I have a couple of 99c turkey breasts in there and a beef roast which may be Friday night's dinner. I am so glad Jackielou came up with this challenge. I needed it.

Everything is wet outside from yesterday's rains, so it is inside house duty today. I am inspired by everyone doing decluttering here and may tackle an area. Organization is not my strong suit.

Today, I am grateful for simply everything I have. I hope everyone has a great day.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:01 am

Good morning all

Had lots of weird dreams and then had to wake up too early. Well maybe i should say too quickly. The COD was puttering around and needed this and that. ugh

The dogs have been out

I think i am finally coming down with a sinus issue. Then my tummy doesn't feel great. Did go to that little event and the food didn't sit well. No more german chocolate cake for me.

Can't even enjoy my coffee - wah.

Hopefully the sun will come out today.