Daily Check-In March 20, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check-In March 20, 2019

Post by LWolfT » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:18 am

Good morning ...
Getting springlike temps today, but they come with rain.

Off for a bit of a road trip yesterday. While the trip was good, it did a number on my back — aggravated the tendon/bursitis issue in my hip. So trying to get the kinks worked out.
On the bright side, I officially have health insurance again!!! Finally got everything through the systems. Hopefully, renewal will be a lot easier.

Today, have some bills/paperwork, etc., to deal with. Was going to get milk, but not sure that going out is a good idea today.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:03 am

The sun is making an appearance! I have stopped sneezing.

Funny - yesterday i had my first - boy I am getting old - feeling. I'll be the big 60 next year.

But i feel like i am going through teenage angst. Weird isn't it. :mrgreen:

Hopefully today goes well and no one gets on my last nerve.

NoisyPorkchop

Post by NoisyPorkchop » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:34 am

Happy First Day of Spring!

The weather got up into the 70's yesterday here in the valley and I made the most of it. The fridge repairman was supposed to show up sometime between 8am and noon and I figured I would start in on some housecleaning while waiting. This fella finally came to the house at almost noon :shock: which was slightly disappointing, but, by that time I had officially did my Spring housecleaning ;) . I had four hours and as the time kept rolling along I cleaned and cleaned. My house is completely clean top to bottom and dusted and mopped and the inside windows are clean. It also turned out that the freezer door was slightly out of alignment which was causing the frost buildup. The repairman made a couple slight adjustments and he was done in about 15 minutes!

I then got my rear down to Home Depot for my supplies and proceeded to go around the perimeter of the house with bug spray and then went around the yard with weed killer and made sure the areas that needed spraying got their dose. While at HD I also picked up a small flat of spring flowers and I will work on those today. I think today is going to be a decent day but start cooling off and by Friday we are going to expect another stretch of rain. I am taking advantage of the nice days, so refreshing after months of cold and gloom.

Hubby came home from work yesterday afternoon and I had defrosted two pork chops for dinner and a small side dish. He called his friend and was chatting on the phone with him while I puttered around and he then casually mentions that he invited him over to dinner and he was on his way! Uhhhh, I wasn't planning guests! He has done that to me twice; just casually invites his friend over and I only had food for two which leaves me scrambling to fix other items that I wasn't planning for :x . My husband's friend is a great guy and I enjoy his company but I need, say, a four hour window so I can make a feast for more than two adults. I have to talk to DH about that today as I didn't have time to discuss it last night. Thankfully I was able to get some more fixings ready and we all had a pleasant visit. But sheesh!

Well, off to get ready for the day. I have to pop into Winco for a few grocery items and then I want to get to my yard work, I have flowers to plant :D so all of you have a great day.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:36 am

I knit a few rows on Paddington Bear last night. Today I have one load of wash to do. I have to fold and put away my quilt and mattress pad. I don’t like to fold them right away in case there are damp spots.

I had a package so I went to check my mail, then I walked up to the office to tell them of additional plumbing problems.

Nothing that is on my list is on sale this week. That is pretty standard when you are a family of one. I mostly buy meat and produce.

Penny

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:37 am

I’m at mom’s house and I have an appliance guy fixing mom’s washing machine. Probably ridiculous but that’s me. After looking at the poor yelp reviews of the appliance store, I decided to call an appliance guy mom’s electrician had recommended two years ago. Not cheap to fix but I hope I’m getting a fair deal.

I was going to go to the library but rushed over here and don’t have my books so that will wait until tomorrow (due date).

I may take down two more curtains to wash. The curtains aren’t dirty, just dusty. The panels on the glass door in mom’s bedroom have seen better days. I looked online at JC Penney but hard to tell the fabric online. So I’ll run to JCP later today or tomorrow after my dentist appt (probably a better idea because it is on the way).

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:28 pm

Hello all!

Floridacat. I hate looking at curtains in a store, it always causes a repaint of the room for me... :?

Jackie, I am back to having sleep issues again also...taking half a childs Benadryl gets me to sleep but also causes it to be hard to wake up. Just trying to get thru it.
As Wolf said cold and spitting rain here also, very gloomy looking.
I have laundry going, DD filled the basket last night so I decided to do them up for her. She and the estranged husband are on the outs again, she says this is it... so not saying anything one way or another. It is her decision and her life.

My home phone out again this morning, trying to contact company again...thank goodness for my new cell phone....
Wind is picking up, started the woodstove, sausage gravy, biscuits and eggs for supper.
Probably an evening of netflix and chill, tomorrow going with DD to dentist appointment.
Getting gunky eyes and sneezing again, time to go back on the allergy meds.
Off to get something done,
LOL