Daily Check In March 23rd

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In March 23rd

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:38 pm Good evening all,

The furnace installation went off without a hitch and seems to be working well. There are only high efficiency furnaces available now so there should be a reduction in our heating bills. I am relieved the work is done and dh and I thoroughly cleaned up the basement area around the furnace.

Did all the laundry today - 4 loads. All washed, dried and put away aside from the few items hanging on the drying rack. Dh and I went to Canadian Tire in the morning to return the old furnace filters. They are a different size from our new one. We were able to get a store credit as we didn't have a receipt. But it won't be a problem to use up as we buy a lot of different stuff there.

Ate all meals today from what was on hand in the fridge, freezer and pantry. I enjoyed my spaghetti squash topped with a sweet and spicy Filipino spaghetti sauce. Dh and dd had a fish dish with brown rice and our veggie tonight was garlicky Chinese cabbage and leftover steamed broccoli and cauliflower. Dessert was just some fresh fruit or dried fruit.

Hope you all have a relaxing evening. I am really late with my post today!

Creative
Wow, you sure got fast service on your furnace. We really like our high efficiency install. Hubby is thinking of doing the water heater in a couple of years. Right now high efficiency water heaters are very high in price.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:29 pm Amazing deals on the new clothing!
Don't worry about Hope..she will be okay.
Safe travels.
Trees, I got an unexpected and very welcome and appreciated text from the kennel owner this evening. They were letting me know that Hope settled down after I left (she did NOT do well with me leaving her there and I was sobbing) and they walked her and she was doing very well. Whew!! I feel much better!
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:21 pm Sheila good to hear from you. You are always an inspiration to me. Great save on the "new" clothes..

I know what you mean about leaving your fur baby at a kennel they do not understand where you and their other fur buddy have gone and what is happening.
Are you still going to school?
Janet, I am not taking any classes right now. I told my boss I was putting the brakes on that due to the cost. There is a lot of "paid for by work" training and online courses that are good but cheap and I do those. I am currently away at a leadership training for the week so that will be a lot of learning at no cost to me.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:29 pm Janet, I am not taking any classes right now. I told my boss I was putting the brakes on that due to the cost. There is a lot of "paid for by work" training and online courses that are good but cheap and I do those. I am currently away at a leadership training for the week so that will be a lot of learning at no cost to me.
Good that you are able to take classes online. You are amazing in how well you are doing with your job and your personal life.. You have come a long way and I am proud of you.. Keep up the good work.
Janet Alliesmama