Daily Check In March 23rd

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
2dogs+someCats

Re: Daily Check In March 23rd

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Greetings Friends! I haven't been able to check in for awhile. BUSY is the word! I am so ready for some warm spring weather, I am CRAVING it!! Winter doesn't normally bother me much - just saying I'm ready for spring! 8-)

I have been traveling for work some and am away all of next week - but taking my laptop to use that free hotel WIFI - so may be able to check in a bit more often then. My poor Hope has to stay at a dog boarding facility - in a kennel - but it's for the best and I picked the best one out of three options (it was in the middle in terms of price). Lucy will stay with my parents - that will save me $50 - and will be the best option for her. I do feel guilty - I think Hope would fare better if Lucy was with her - this was a difficult decision - but Hope will be safe and cared for (although maybe not happy).

Have had some additional clothing expenses recently - but all NEEDED and all at amazing sale prices - can you say 3 pairs of pants and 3 tops, all from a nice "upscale" (to me anyway) clothing store for $51.20?? I think that's good!

All my meals, etc. paid for when traveling, plus a $9 a day allowance for "random miscellaneous" expenses that's mine to keep. I plan to use the hotel pool and gym hot water and free breakfast and free coffee and free newspapers to their full advantage.

Off to browse the forum a bit friends. Then home to pack and clean my house. The dogs get delivered to their respective "hotels" tomorrow - I have to leave out early Monday morning. Talk with you all later!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:25 pm Greetings Friends! I haven't been able to check in for awhile. BUSY is the word! I am so ready for some warm spring weather, I am CRAVING it!! Winter doesn't normally bother me much - just saying I'm ready for spring! 8-)

I have been traveling for work some and am away all of next week - but taking my laptop to use that free hotel WIFI - so may be able to check in a bit more often then. My poor Hope has to stay at a dog boarding facility - in a kennel - but it's for the best and I picked the best one out of three options (it was in the middle in terms of price). Lucy will stay with my parents - that will save me $50 - and will be the best option for her. I do feel guilty - I think Hope would fare better if Lucy was with her - this was a difficult decision - but Hope will be safe and cared for (although maybe not happy).

Have had some additional clothing expenses recently - but all NEEDED and all at amazing sale prices - can you say 3 pairs of pants and 3 tops, all from a nice "upscale" (to me anyway) clothing store for $51.20?? I think that's good!

All my meals, etc. paid for when traveling, plus a $9 a day allowance for "random miscellaneous" expenses that's mine to keep. I plan to use the hotel pool and gym hot water and free breakfast and free coffee and free newspapers to their full advantage.

Off to browse the forum a bit friends. Then home to pack and clean my house. The dogs get delivered to their respective "hotels" tomorrow - I have to leave out early Monday morning. Talk with you all later!
Amazing deals on the new clothing!
Don't worry about Hope..she will be okay.
Safe travels.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:25 pm Greetings Friends! I haven't been able to check in for awhile. BUSY is the word! I am so ready for some warm spring weather, I am CRAVING it!! Winter doesn't normally bother me much - just saying I'm ready for spring! 8-)

Sheila good to hear from you. You are always an inspiration to me. Great save on the "new" clothes..

I know what you mean about leaving your fur baby at a kennel they do not understand where you and their other fur buddy have gone and what is happening.
Are you still going to school?
Janet Alliesmama
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening all,

The furnace installation went off without a hitch and seems to be working well. There are only high efficiency furnaces available now so there should be a reduction in our heating bills. I am relieved the work is done and dh and I thoroughly cleaned up the basement area around the furnace.

Did all the laundry today - 4 loads. All washed, dried and put away aside from the few items hanging on the drying rack. Dh and I went to Canadian Tire in the morning to return the old furnace filters. They are a different size from our new one. We were able to get a store credit as we didn't have a receipt. But it won't be a problem to use up as we buy a lot of different stuff there.

Ate all meals today from what was on hand in the fridge, freezer and pantry. I enjoyed my spaghetti squash topped with a sweet and spicy Filipino spaghetti sauce. Dh and dd had a fish dish with brown rice and our veggie tonight was garlicky Chinese cabbage and leftover steamed broccoli and cauliflower. Dessert was just some fresh fruit or dried fruit.

Hope you all have a relaxing evening. I am really late with my post today!

Creative
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:38 pm Good evening all,

The furnace installation went off without a hitch and seems to be working well. There are only high efficiency furnaces available now so there should be a reduction in our heating bills. I am relieved the work is done and dh and I thoroughly cleaned up the basement area around the furnace.

Did all the laundry today - 4 loads. All washed, dried and put away aside from the few items hanging on the drying rack. Dh and I went to Canadian Tire in the morning to return the old furnace filters. They are a different size from our new one. We were able to get a store credit as we didn't have a receipt. But it won't be a problem to use up as we buy a lot of different stuff there.

Ate all meals today from what was on hand in the fridge, freezer and pantry. I enjoyed my spaghetti squash topped with a sweet and spicy Filipino spaghetti sauce. Dh and dd had a fish dish with brown rice and our veggie tonight was garlicky Chinese cabbage and leftover steamed broccoli and cauliflower. Dessert was just some fresh fruit or dried fruit.

Hope you all have a relaxing evening. I am really late with my post today!

Creative
Creative congrats on your new furnace. Your spaghetti squash sounds really yummy.
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Hi sheila

Enjoy those travel days!

Hey Mrs Crative

That is great that the installation went well. I am tossing and turning about our much needed bathroom renovation. I know i will love it when it is over.